Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Wedding ring WWYD

Well, we went wedding ring shopping today for the first time and we found on he loves but the problem is nothing looks good with mine.  My ring is a three stone emerald cut with three round stones going down each side.  I tried on so many rings today my head was spinning and we still couldn't find anything that looked good with it.  So I don't know what to do now.  He said he'll just take this ring back the day before the wedding, have it cleaned and just put it back on my finger but I really want a band.  What would you do?

Re: Wedding ring WWYD

• Options
    I definitely want a band. Try the web. I found lots of rings by searching some of the jewlery companies. My fi bought my setting from Gabriele and Co in N.Y. and just had it shipped to our local jewler to add the stones. Just an idea. The web is full of variety.
  • Options
    I am going to have a band too that I absolutely love but will not match my engagement ring at all.  I'm going to wear one on each ring finger, so it won't matter.  They're both white gold but that's the only thing they have in common.  I don't wear any other rings so that won't be an issue.   Would that work for you?  You can either do e-ring on left hand and wedding band on right (this is what I'm doing); or e-ring on right and wedding band on left (probably more traditional).
  • Options
    Can you find a band that you love but doesn't necessarily match and wear your band on your left hand and your e-ring on the right? Or have one made to match?
  • Options
    I have a 3 stone round with them down the side and I don't like channel set. I love the look of 2 thin pave style bands with 3 stone e-rings! I don't know if it will look good with yours but its an idea....or like pp said don't get them to match n wear them on different fingers. GL!
  • Options
    I had the same problem since my e-ring wasn't part of a set and the band narrows towards the stones.  No matter what ring I looked at there was going to be a gap because of this, but I just found a band that I loved and looked best with my e-ring and went with that.  

If you really can't find anything, you might want to look into having something made to go with your e-ring.  I know a girl who has an emerald cut diamond and she had a "shadow band" made to fit perfectly with her e-ring.  

I googled "shadow band wedding rings" and this result came up which really explains how the jeweler helps you design and create something perfect:

I hope that helps!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards