Wisconsin

Alterations recommendations

Hi all,

Received a recommendation to try the Sophisticated Rose in Milwaukee, Wis., for alterations but cannot find one review online. I also have a specific neckline alteration that I'm interested in. The bridal salons says it's possible, a second opinion says it's not. What's a girl to do?

Please let me know your thoughts and thank you in advance for your comments!

Re: Alterations recommendations

• I've had work done by her, but to be honest, I wouldn't take a bridal dress there.  I had a hard time getting her to give me back my clothes.  I think they were done/completed, but there was always something going on that would prevent me from getting them back in a timely manner.   Her shop is kind of a mess too-not real sure how she keeps everything straight.  Bridal dress-think twice about using her for alterations. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As far as the bridal salon stating an alteration is possible and a 2nd opinion saying it's not.  I am sure there is a seamstress out there that would be able to do what you want.  It's just a matter of calling them, showing them the dress, and then telling them what you want.  They know their abilities and limits and *should* tell you if they can or can't do it.  If they can't, I'd try at least 3 to see if they all say they can't, or if you can find that one who can do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards