Texas-Houston

Petroleum Club of Houston

Hi does anyone have pricing information on them?  Anyone have their wedding there, if so, how was it? I have been trying to reach them but have not been able to get an answer.  Any information on them would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Re: Petroleum Club of Houston

• I have their info, I can send it if you PM or post your email.

Happy Venue hunting!
  • Thank you for your reply!  Can you email it to kndr629@hotmail.com?  Thanks!
  • We are having our wedding there in September and so far have only great things to say everyone we have worked with have been wonderful! I also have all of their information since we have already booked if you need anything. Just let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks!  So I got their pricing info and they are very reasonable on price!  I would like to hear from previous brides if you had your wedding there... your thoughts of the place.. did everything run smoothly?  How was the food and service? Area? etc?
  • I went to a wedding there last year and it was very nice
    TTC Since 6/12 regular periods with annovulation DH S/A healthy Hormones normal-all unexplained IF currently 10/12 50mg of clomid-no response-BFN 11/12 100mg of clomid-1 mature follicle-IUI #1=BFN 12/8/12 clear HSG 12/12 100mg of clomid-2 mature follicles-IUI #2=BFN 1/13 5mg femara un-monitored TI, BFN 2/13 7.5mg femara 2 mature follicles, IUI#3 BFN
  • So strange...I just had a friend tonight tell me that last night he attended a wedding there and it was absolutely amazing. He was so impressed and thought it was first class all the way!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • I had my wedding there last year!  Phenomenal!  Jeremy was amazing to work with.  I felt so important on the day of.  Outstanding customer service!  I didn't hear about this until after the wedding, but two of our guests are allergic to onions so they were asking the staff before we had got there what food did not have onion in it.  The waiter brought out the chef and they talked to him for a little while and the chef made two completely new dinners just for them!  I was so impressed when I heard this story.  Another one of our guests said "It looks like a movie!"  Everyone was looking out the windows at the incredible views too.  I am so glad I had my wedding there!  The pricing was a lot better than I thought it would have been - go see it in person - it's even better! 
  • Thank you so much for your replies!  It's so good to hear others having great experiences with them it def helps with my decision! Do you happen to have any pictures from your wedding like on a blog or something?  I wanted to see what a real wedding looked like there.. thanks!

• Would anyone mind emailing me the pricing info for PCoH?

trater@stthom.edu

TIA!

SaveSave
  • My SIL is doing a montage video this week for me so I'll post the link when it's done (probably this week).
  • I am getting married there in two weeks!  I thought the prices were very good for a large downtown venue, but the views sold me!  I have all the info, and Cherie, my contact at the venue is just wonderful!
  • @apples.. your wedding was gorgeous!  Did you have any issues with the venue?  My main concern is the self parking (for the guests that choose not to valet.. they may find difficulty parking).  I'm also concerned about only two elevators operating after hours.  If you don't mind me asking, about how much did you end up paying for the entire wedding to be held at petroleum club?  And how was the food?  Thanks!
  • There was plenty of parking and I let everyone know that there was valet available - I never heard any complaints or concerns about parking.  I also never heard anything about the elevators - they are a good size and pretty fast.  The food was AMAZING!  I want to have another party there for their chicken courden bleu alone!  We did a buffet with a red meat, chicken and fish option.  The fish was a snapper with shrimp and crabmeat - devine!  We also had some passed apps that were sooooo good too!  I could go on and on about the food - delish!  I wanna say that it was 11-13K for the food and drinks.  You don't have to rent linens (unless you want something fancier), china or anything.  The price for the place and staff is also included in the pricing.  It does not include flowers, music, cakes or anything like that, so you'll have to get that - they have recs but you can get whoever you want (madd hatta from 97.9 was our DJ - ha!). Def make an appt to talk to them - you will not be dissappointed!
  • edited January 2012
    I forgot to add we had about 220 people.  As an aside, the hotel we used was the Hyatt Regency - their bridal suite was HUGE and perfect for everyone to get ready in.  They gave us a great group rate and it was 3 blocks from the Petroleum Club.
  • Omg I wanted a dj from 97.9 but I didn't even thi k that was possible! How did you get in contact with them? That is good to know about the elevators and parking. Those were my two main concerns. The pricing is great compared to other venues (mainly hotels) I've been looking at. My father tells me the inconvenience of the parking outweighs the savings :/. So I'm really undecided!
  • And thank you for all the wonderful information is it greatly appreciated!!
  • We met the Madd Hatta at the bridal extravaganza - he had good prices specifically for brides at the BE (if you get a chance to go, there are deals to be had - I got caught up in the moment and got some stuff I ddin't need too lol).  To tell you the truth, those two concerns never even crossed my mind and I never heard anything about them.  I would talk to whoever your contact is about the parking and see if she can give you more info and then put a map/handout for after the ceremony for your guests.  People know how to park - it will be ok.  If you go with the Hyatt I think they have a shuttle that can take/pick up guests (they used to - some of our guests used it - check to be sure).  I think to valet it's $7 and most people expect valet downtown, but if they don't want to then there are other options.  GOOD LUCK!  Have a great wedding!
  • @ apples

That's a pretty good deal for 200+ guests!

Does the Petroleum have only one ballroom?  Nothing smalller?  I'm just wondering because I'm having a much smaller wedding.  I'm guessing Petroleum club has a minimum of 10k or more.  I'm looking for a place with a smaller F/B min than that for a saturday night wedding.

SaveSave
  • Monkey- They do have a smaller ballroom and the minimum is less than 10k....I believe it is 5k however that is only food cost and beverage is extra.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the info!  I will look call them to look more into it, but I always like to know initially if a place is wildly out of my price range.

SaveSave
  • Kind of off-topic, but I booked Madd Hatta at the Bridal Extraganza too! I booked my DJ before my venue, lol. I'm SO excited!

@apples, was he REALLY good?

• Loved him!  He did such a good job!  Everyone wanted to meet him and take pics with him (one of my BMs had a HUGE crush on him).  He was super nice and so easy to work with - he got a great feel for the crowd and everyone danced the whole night.
  • edited January 2012
    monkey - I actually liked the smaller room at PCOH better - the views are even more beautiful out of that room!  You'll love it! Also - did you go to st thomas?  We got married at st basil - that chapel is so beautiful - you don't even need flowers in there.
  • @ apples

Yes, I went to St. Thomas!  I love St. Basil's.  We're planning on marrying at our church, but if for any reason we can't, St. Basil's is our second choice!

SaveSave
  • Can anyone please send me their menu and pricing I would greatly appreciate it!!! My email is ahartistx@hotmail.com Also, does anyone know if you have to be a member to get married there? Thanks so much!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_petroleum-club-of-houston-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:04748e22-b9ff-43c2-8c2e-e0fe3f6fa984Post:f6455887-a379-4537-a1b9-2d6b02bb06e2">Re: Petroleum Club of Houston</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have their info, I can send it if you PM or post your email. Happy Venue hunting!
    Posted by mik1680[/QUOTE]

<font color="#ff00ff">If anyone has this information, please email it to me at <a href="mailto:sealpro2@hotmail.com" rel="nofollow">sealpro2@hotmail.com</a>, the site has a way of making you feel totally outclassed and I almost hate to trouble such elegance with a request of pricing.  Once I have it, I'll know whether I can proceed or not.  We had thought an outdoor wedding in a beautiful country setting, but after seeing the pictures of this club, with our oil background going back to the late 1800's, our extensive Texas history, I felt like my grandfather, great-grandfather and my daddy were all saying, "There's where our girl needs to get married honey, right there."  Almost broke my heart~  Any help with information would be GREATLY appreciated.  I know people have so much going on, it's tuff to find a minute to do anything, I'd be so thankful though, if you'd take a minute to find pricing and send it over to me.</font>
  • edited June 2012
    Hi ladies,

If anyone has the menu and the pricing can you please send me it at cidneylee1@aol.com

Also, how many people can it hold, I am having a rather large wedding than I wanted...

Thank You!!
  • kdm727kdm727 member
    First Comment
    Would anyone mind sending me the price list as well? Kdm727@gmail.com Thanks!!
  • Can someone please send me the pricing as well? They haven't emailed or called me back. Thanks.
    Kaiser.Janessa@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards