Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

What to wear for engagement photos. Help!

My fiance and I will be taking engagement photos on Saturday, December 8th, 2012 and I have no idea on what kind of outfit to wear. Our location is Illinois State Beach.  Seeing we are having a nautical themed type wedding, this is why we chose this location for our pictures. 

Since the pictures are in the winter time and on a beach, I'm not sure what would look appropriate.  People know that its not sunny and warm when we are going to be taking them so i'd feel funny wearing clothes that are not appropriate for the cold weather.  would it look funny being to bundled up on a beach weeing it is going to be cold or should we not be as bundled up and wear something light despite what time of year.

Any ideas on what kind of outift I should be going for as well as appropriate shoes for the location and time of year we are taking them?  I'm afraid of not looking appropriate for the time of year and location.  Any help would be great!

Re: What to wear for engagement photos. Help!

• I would (personally) get a blanket and bundle up in his arms for a photo. Wear jeans and roll them up and stand in the edge of the water. Write your date in the sand than bundle up with him w/ or w/out the blanket right behind where its written. If you have a piece of old wood paint your date on it and hold it or you can write it on a small chalk board. I hope I helped!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards