March 2013 Weddings

DJ question

If you ladies wouldn't mind how much did you spend for your DJ and what did it include. I am getting mixed quotes. 

The one company I really like offered 5 hours of music, DJ, uplighting around the room and dance floor lighting for $700. Is this a good deal? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DJ question

• We are paying 1095 for a DJ, Emcee, and lights (not uplights) for 6hrs.  Sounds like you have a good deal!  Read reviews on the company though...I always think that's a good idea.
    March 2013 Oct Siggy-Hair Inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I have read reviews and I have spoken to them persoanlly a few times. Their normal prices are double but b/c they are the peffered vendor where we are getting married it's half. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depending on what's normal for your area, that sounds pretty good. My DJ is normally $700 but he made a deal with us because I've known him for years. Unlimited time, sound system (though at our venue he doesn't need his own), and he's awesome at playing the right music! Their website says it also includes glow sticks for kids :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • DJ's in my area are around 1600 for 4-5 hrs of reception.  It really depends on the location.  If I heard that price I would be like "wtf?".  Honestly, if you have not heard them ask them if there are any locations that they are publically playing that you can watch them perform.  The might be playing a dance/bat mitza, etc that you can see the quality of their work.

Maybe try posting this question on the local board with the name of the DJ to see if anyone has any reviews.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's a great deal. We paid $750 for the DJ/announcer, an assistant, and 5 hours. 

We wanted uplghting and all of the quotes are around $800 or so. I don't think we're going to be able to swing it :( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards