New York-Western
Options

Looking for photographer Suggestions

Does anyone have a suggestions for a photographer?  Our wedding is going to be held in Syracuse, NY but I would like to do our engagement photos in Buffalo. Ideally I would like one photographer who can do both and would be willing to travel.

Re: Looking for photographer Suggestions

• Options
    Try www.gardnerphotography.net I had them for my wedding and absolutely love how they worked together. And my pictures turned out amazing! I think they will travel. We wanted our engagement pictures taken either at letchworth or Watkins glen and they had no objections. We decided on letchworth. There was no extra charge for travel either.
  • Options
    try Ross Weddings - they are great
  • Options
    We're going with Argento Photography.  Love their photos and I believe they will travel.
  • Options
    it really depends on a few things:
    1) when your wedding is
    2) what style of photography you like
    3) what your budget is

it looks like you have a 2013 wedding -- so you may still be able to get some of the 'in demand photographers'. a lot of them book as far as 2 years in advance!

through my research, i found that budget is organized into 3 tiers and it really depends on how much you know about photography, and what you're looking for as far as quality, perks (images on CDs etc), and photography style (modern vs romantic/vintage, posed vs action shots, etc):
    $1500 and under = nice photos. a bit higher quality than family members with cameras
    $1500-3000 = very nice photos. clear shots with attention to light and composition. decent editing.
    $3000+ = exceptional photos. creative uses of light, flashes and composition. knowledgeable editing techniques (not your average photoshop job)

'tier 3' photographers would be:
    Nickel City Studio
    Neal Urban
    FCI (fisher creative imaging) studio

Other photographers that i've heard good things about:
    Argento
    Lovely Day Photo
    Kaz photography

my best advice would be to check out all the photographer's websites that you can. narrow down vendors by picking your photography style and budget. interview the remaining choices. 

I'm pretty sure most photographers will travel to Syracuse unless they had a 3 wedding weekend booked. FWIW, we went with Neal and LOOOOOVE working with him!  But his schedule does book FAST.

good luck!
  • Options
    We used Empire West.  Located in Rochester.  I would definitely recommend them.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would only use Ayres Photography they are a hub/wife team and really good!
  • Options
    Lakeshoreart.com owned by Sarah Broecker. She's in the Barker area, halfway between Buffalo and Rochester.
  • Options
    I'd be happy to it for you!

www.shawnamorath.com

I'm from WNY but currently living in Erie, PA. We are in Buffalo all the time to visit family and I have a few weddings there. I can also travel to Syracuse for you wedding.
  • Options
    lih1560lih1560 member
    First Comment
    Lovely Day Photo!

I am working with Melissa there now for my wedding next year and she is absolutely amazing, professional, and personable.

Check out her facebook and blog - her work is beautiful!!

www.facebook.com/LovelyDayPhotography
    www.lovelydayphotoblog.com
  • Options
    ABSOLUTELY RECOMEND Andy Buscemi!!!  buscemiphotography.com  (716) 393-9303. His pictures are amazing, he does a complimentary engagement photo session and he travels!!!
  • Options
    Nickel City Studios is AMAZING
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards