Getting in Shape

New Dinner Recipes - Exchange

Now that it is Fall, I want to know what are some new recipes you are all planning on making.. with the winter vegetables, and more fall/winter things.

For one, I would be making Turkey Chili.  That is a must to make every Fall/Winter

I was browsing eatingwell.com where I get a LOT of recipes from and on there was

- Pecan Crusted Chicken - looks easy

Spagetti Squash and Pork Stiry Fry (If you type in Spagetti Squash you will probably see that right away on the site's seach)

South Western Stuffed Acorn Squash - looks delicious

Roasted Butternut Squash- I've made this before

I've made butternut squash, but this will be my first time with the Acorn and Spagetti Squash.  I will let you know how the recipes go. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New Dinner Recipes - Exchange

• I just pulled a bunch of recipes from this link I saved from H&F last month- it's got a bunch of clean eating blogs on it.  That's my indirect answer.  The direct answer is I have no idea.  I'm hoping to try some salmon recipes.  DH loves it, I'm still in the not-so-sure category. 

I was going to post this separately, but since you so conveniently made a food post, I'll just hijack for one second. 

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/40899995.aspx?MsdVisit=1
    Visit The Nest!

My Planning Bio Married Bio

I'm not a newb, aka swim1011
  • kayak, I added many new blogs to my reader after that post the other day.

I'm planning on making a lot of soup.  I intend to perfect my own butternut squash soup recipe over the coming weeks.  We will get a lot of soup, but that sort of excites me.  I guess I should buy a whole chicken too sto that I can make my own stock....
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love butternut squash soup.My mom has a recipe with apples and the squash, that is what i am most looking forward to this fall!!
  • This is my new favorite salad:

rocket/spinach or a mix of greens
    a very thin slice of prosciutto or pancetta per serve 
    some chicken sauteed, grilled, whatever (I do about 1 chicken breast per 2 people)
    1/2 avocado per serve
    cherry tomatoes roasted for 20 minutes or so with olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic
    balsamic vinaigrette (I use a spray to avoid using too much dressing)

It's so tasty and my husband loves it, and he is soooo not a salad guy!  
  • Yum!  I have recently discovered butternut squash, so I'm looking for recipes.  I'd like to try spaghetti squash too.  We use the crockpot a lot in the winter - I'm hungry for a good stew with lots of veggies in it.  So many of the food blogs are just amazing.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-dinner-recipes-exchange-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:1975683e-ac9c-4d5c-ae59-4142a37f73a3Post:a3d30d8d-aab9-42b5-901b-98327965c1a0">Re: New Dinner Recipes - Exchange</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just pulled a bunch of recipes from this link I saved from H&F last month- it's got a bunch of clean eating blogs on it.  That's my indirect answer.  The direct answer is I have no idea.  I'm hoping to try <strong>some salmon recipes.</strong>  DH loves it, I'm still in the not-so-sure category.  I was going to post this separately, but since you so conveniently made a food post, I'll just hijack for one second.  <a href="http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/40899995.aspx?MsdVisit=1" rel="nofollow">http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/40899995.aspx?MsdVisit=1</a>
    Posted by kayakrunhike[/QUOTE]

I have the most perfect salmon recipe that I love.  And I've made it twice.

eatingwell.com

and type in salmon with roasted red peppers

It is fantastic and my favorite salmon recipe.

It's basically salmon and then a puree of tomatos, red wine vinegar - a splace, and grape tomatos I used.. and also almonds for texture and blend in the blender or food processor and serve on top.. I served it with zuccini on the side..

awesome.  I loved it and so did inlaws and husband
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-dinner-recipes-exchange-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:1975683e-ac9c-4d5c-ae59-4142a37f73a3Post:08349fe2-96cd-4728-be97-a95f8c06126a">Re: New Dinner Recipes - Exchange</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Dinner Recipes - Exchange : I have the most perfect salmon recipe that I love.  And I've made it twice. eatingwell.com and type in salmon with roasted red peppers It is fantastic and my favorite salmon recipe. It's basically salmon and then a puree of tomatos, roasted red peppers in the jar, red wine vinegar - a splace, and grape tomatos I used.. and also almonds for texture and blend in the blender or food processor and serve on top.. I served it with zuccini on the side.. awesome.  I loved it and so did inlaws and husband
    Posted by PeonyPrincesskdd[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards