Ohio-Columbus

finally losing weight!

Hey girls! 
I am sure some of you summer brides are thinking about kicking it in gear to lose some weight.  I finally started losing some weight since I got a personal trainer!  I absolutely adore mine so I wanted to get her name out there for anyone else that is looking for a trainer.  Michelle Davis at Urban Active in Hilliard!  I have had a personal trainer and got absolutely nothing out of it....so when I experienced how good Michelle is, I wanted to share the info with all of you.  She does fitness competitions (not body building) and really knows her stuff!

Right now I am doing three 30min sessions a week...she is high energy, varies the workouts, is a great motivator, and even has me journal what I eat so she can help me with my diet (something that she does extra).  Also, I got tons of cardio workouts! 

I really felt like I needed someone there to help me....and I am so thankful I have her!  Feel free to private message me if you have any questions!  She is worth the drive if you normally workout at another Urban Active location!Laughing

Re: finally losing weight!

• edited December 2011
    The 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels works really well too, for toning and losing inches. They are 25 minute work outs and they do work you out! There's three different levels on the DVD and you go at your own pace.  It's hard but you really do start seeing a difference with your body (not so much the scale) about two weeks after doing it.

Congrats on finding someone that you work well with!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Getting a trainer was the only thing that  helped me. I tried using the 30 day Shred Thing, but I think having someone actually look over my shoulder, making appointments so I knew I had to go to the gym, and having someone try different workouts based on your body and how it reacts to different exercises and diet was what made a trainer work better for me. I ended up dropping 25-30 lbs in 5 months (not sure exact because I gained a bit of muscle too). So hey, whatever works for you- as long as you feel better about how you look, that's all that counts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards