Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Caterer Credit for Cake?

I've read in a few places that catering halls who provide your cake may offer you a credit for the value of the cake to be used elsewhere in your bill, so that you can bring in your own cake instead.  Has anyone ever seen/heard of/tried this before?  I love everything about my venue and caterer EXCEPT my cake options... very limited, very outdated.  But I'm not prepared to spend upwards of $12 a slice for a 250 person wedding just for a prettier cake!

Re: Caterer Credit for Cake?

• future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you ask them?  I've not heard of it but that certainly doesn't mean it's not possible.
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed. I've never heard of it either, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
  • edited December 2011
    I will ask :) Thought I'd get some feedback first, to be better prepared.
  • edited December 2011
    many venues will give you a credit for cake to be used elsewhere - I recommend making sure that it is in the contract if they agree to it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One venue I looked at offered to take $2 pp off the price if I brought in an outside cake...although, that was a deal verbally offered by one staff member...who eventually got fired...and the next staff member we worked with would not honor it and was even talking about an additional cake-cutting fee for bringing in an outside cake...hence why we decided not to go with that venue.  So, can't hurt to ask, but get it in writing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards