Louisiana-New Orleans

Wedding Dress Alterations?

Anyone have any suggestions for someone in the area that does impeccable dress alterations?  I bought my dress at a place that offers free alterations, but I'm having them make significant changes to my dress.  I've heard a few negatives lately from other bride friends who worked with them, saying that they were underwhelmed by the quality of the alterations.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I'm starting to get worried that they won't change my dress in a way that I like, so I want to be sure to have a great seamstress on backup!  Thanks!

Re: Wedding Dress Alterations?

• I can help you! send me an email rebekah.d.wheeler@gmail.com

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_wedding-dress-alterations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:d6792997-5b01-409f-8722-05ca842f0af3Post:3f2a699d-be3d-418f-a555-e6366b8be260">Wedding Dress Alterations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have any suggestions for someone in the area that does impeccable dress alterations?  I bought my dress at a place that offers free alterations, but I'm having them make significant changes to my dress.  I've heard a few negatives lately from other bride friends who worked with them, saying that they were underwhelmed by the quality of the alterations.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I'm starting to get worried that they won't change my dress in a way that I like, so I want to be sure to have a great seamstress on backup!  Thanks!
    Posted by silverspark7[/QUOTE]
  • I called L. Waters when I was in desperate need, and she never returned my call. Vanda Couture, who is on facebook is the way to go. She is doing mine and I'm so happy. She is awesome. She made me feel so much as ease. No one in New Orleans would help me since I didn't get my dress here. She is the only one who acted like it was no big deal to help. I couldn't be more happy.
  • Me too, please!  I need a seamstress! I found the dress I wanted, unaltered for way less than it was anywhere in town, but now I need to have it altered.  I'm not sure if I go to a dress shop that they'll even do it if they don't over charge me since i didn't buy the dress there.  the trick is it's lace.
  • I am also looking for some alterations help. I just had my first fitting with the seamstress recommended by my bridal shop, and the alterations quote came up to half the cost of my dress (and this is not a cheap dress)! I am now looking for a talented, experienced, AND inexpensive seamstress (aren't we all). My dress needs a significant amount of work, but I feel like I should be able to get all the alterations done for less than the original quote.

If this is normal and I just need a reality check, feel free to enlighten me, AND...

If you have a trusted seamstress that you think is affordable, please let me know :-) Thanks so much!!
  • How was Elvia as far as price is concerned? Is she reasonable? I will be wearing my mother's gown and need some alterations done, but I need to be able to trust the seamstress since the gown is one of a kind and sentimental. Any information would be great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards