Indiana

DIY Circus Wedding

My fiance and I are in love with unconventional weddings so a white flowery wedding would never suffice.
We haven't even set a date until we have an idea of how much it will cost us so that's where I come in. The super budget woman.
I figured I could make most of the decorations by hand using templates that have our theme in mind.
Most of this isn't worrying me, with a little paper and paint anything is possible for cheap, but what is worrying me is the prices of DJs, food, dresses, rings, and of course the entertainment at the reception.
My questions for all your guys and gals out there:
  • Are there cheap but not tacky alternatives to all but the dresses and rings?
  • We had the idea of finding a fire breather or something of circus nature to have, any ideas where I could find one to get a price estimate?
  • Are there any places that do customizing on dresses bought pre-made?
  • Any places that do custom ring designs that won't kill my bank too hard?
Any help would be appreciated. I also have access to go out of my area for some of these things like dresses and rings ( ex. chicago and indianapolis).

ALSO: any extra ideas to make my idea better would be helpful. Laughing

Re: DIY Circus Wedding

• Welcome to the board!

• Are there cheap but not tacky alternatives to all but the dresses and rings?
    • Sure! DB also has there $99 sales, but their are bridaldresses at thrift and consignment stores as well. Check out the resale bridal sites. I went to DB, found the dress and size, then went online to find it for cheaper by buying from a recent bride.
    For rings, we are using a family band for my ring, but I have looked at pawn shops for his. I also had advice on here to look at Walmart and Kmart for his band.

• We had the idea of finding a fire breather or something of circus nature to have, any ideas where I could find one to get a price estimate?
    • No sure, but I would look chicago/indy based volunteer circuses. In Chicago, they have one called Circesteem, a non-for-profit circus gourp that helps get kids off the street. I know a graduate form it and he says they will travel.  http://circesteem.org/
    • Are there any places that do customizing on dresses bought pre-made?
    • See suggestions above but a good seamstress is good to have. Check Yelp form some good ones in your idea.
    • Any places that do custom ring designs that won't kill my bank too hard?
    • Check out Esty. I've seen some nice designs on there. 

Another idea is check on the latest Real Simple wedding mag. It features a DYI circus wedding that was outdoors and had much of what you are looking for. 

Hope this helps!

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards