Retro and Vintage Weddings

New to this board, Im so happy to find you!!

Hey guys! 

I am getting married November 13th, 2010 in Akron Ohio.  I have been planning an antique wedding for as long as I can remember, its just now that I have a fiancee! haha.  He is a modern guy but is thankfully going along with my very strange ideas..... hopefully I can get some great ideas from you, as well as giving my own.  Im going crazy with invitations (which I made on zazzle.com) and my adorable save the dates (from magnetstreet.com).  Here is the link:

http://www.magnetstreet.com/details/market/517/productId/10771

I had a great idea from another messgae board about some fun bridesmaid gifts, and its going to be hard for me to pick out good ones because I have 8! Yikes!!!  But, the website said that the girls will love it if you go to al old or used bookstore and find a vintage romance book or novel to give to each girl.  Write a little inscription on the iunside cover as to why you picked that book for her, and tie it with a pretty lace or ribbon.  I LOVE this idea, and Im trying to find some good books.  Do you have any other ideas for a fun vintage present??

Jenny

Re: New to this board, Im so happy to find you!!

• NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Welcome! 

Those vintage STDs were great!  I'd love to see the invites.

Regarding the BM gifts, honestly, that was exactly the gift I was going to give mine, so you'll have to ask someone else!  LOL  I love that idea too.  I'm going to find out what each of their favourite classic book is and find a vintage copy.  Should be fun!
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • You could browse antique stores for ideas. Vintage perfume bottles and accessories would be cool but you might find them cheaper at rummage and estate sales.
  • Thanks guys! 

Let me know what books you find, because then maybe I could get some ideas as to what was popular a long time ago.   I would like to get the girls jewerly too, and possibly put it in something that is antique, but I do have 9 months to think of something :) 

The store Anthrpologie had the most adorable vintage bags with an old compact mirror, and its not discontinued.  Im very sad about that, but Im sure Ill be able to find something else in time.

• Welcome to the board! Great idea for a personal and unique BM gift. As far as vintage love stories - Jane Austen's book are always good and have a happy ending. Gone With the Wind, The Notebook (newer but still a good love story). Unfortunately, a lot of books that I can think of have a tragic ending to the love story. If I think of more, I'll let you know.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the board,can't wait to see & hear more about your ideas. thanks for the idea on BM gift my MOH loves to read so getting her an old book/s will be a great gift for her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welsome and Happy planning! I love your idea of a great book for the bridesmaid. I would personally love it :)

• Another book suggestion from a women in my book club - The Gift of the Magi
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards