New Jersey
Options

Proof my Menus

Hey gals, 
If you have a second could you take a look at these menus.  I just want to make sure the entree selection wording sounds good.  Also, I'm not sure if it's haricot vert or haricot verts... (really, just wanna say green beans). 

Thanks in advance ladies :)

Cat

Re: Proof my Menus

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think "haricots verts" (both plural)

Make your lists consistent -- in salads you're saying "one, two, three" and in entrees you're saying "one, two and three."  I'd pick one style or the other and make it consistent.

"Crabmeat-stuffed" (need hyphen)

I don't like haricots verts being split between two lines, if it can be avoided without looking ridiculous.

I would not say "full" for Viennese table.  That's a term that the reception hall used to sell it to you, but you don't need to sell it to your guests.
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also eliminate "ham" and "cheese" so it reads "with prosciutto and boursin"  - I think it's more elegant that way (and would probably get "haricots verts" on one line a la UEG's suggeation!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    ccandelaccandela member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are the best.

Corrections being made. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked my bag of Trader Joes frozen beans and it said singular Haricot Vert, which surprised me.  So who knows.  I say you go do a quickie search on wikipedia and see what shows up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it's haricots verts since it's plural (unless they're getting one green bean) haha. Agree with others on making it on same line, etc. I would take out the "ham" as jcg suggested, but would keep cheese after boursin, since many won't know what that is
    *~allie~*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards