Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

rental car

I found Dollar to be cheapest... I keep hearing mixed reviews about parking. Is the parking free at the hotels or am I going to be charged fees? I really only need it to go to the chapel the next day for our pics and to mens warehouse for tux. I also wanted to visit valley of fire and Downtown. It is only F.I. and myself eloping. Now I am not sure if I should rent or not.

Re: rental car

• Options

Most hotels have free valet parking so all you'd need to worry about is tipping the valet guy (if you want to).

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    thank you. even if we do not valet, is it still free?
  • Options
    Yes, but quite honestly, I don't see any reason not to valet.  With the size of some of the Vegas lots, it's easily worth 2 bucks to valet.  If there's valet, we use it.  We always rent a car, and I was crabby about it the one time we didn't. 

I use the rental company I can find with the best price.  More than once I have been satisfied with using Dollar.  HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I almost always use Hertz; Dollar is sometimes about $10 to $20 cheaper overall but it always seemed like I was in their line ten to twenty minutes longer than Hertz.  With my Amex, I get a free Hertz gold club membership so I just go staright to the car and leave now, so no lines; it would be worth checking into if any of your credit cards would give you Hertz gold access for free.

Anyway, I feel like Dollars cars aren't as recent too; just a thought.  They pissed me off a few times with bad service so now I don't like them lol.

Regarding parking, I have not encountered any major strip resort that charges for parking.  I've parked in the garages at Mandalay, Luxor, MGM, Flamingo, Caesars, Venetian and several downtown and never had to pay.  I typically don't do valet only because the times I'm typically coming and going are the longest lines for valet; i.e. night time when its time to go out and party.  I always rent now when you can get nice cars for under $200/week with tax; I could spend that much on cabs in a few days with as much as I typically move around.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We used Dollar for Vegas and have used them several times in Florida. We have received good service and we always get upgraded on our vehicles. A couple of times we even had brand new vehicles.

We never paid for parking at any hotel lots we used.
  • Options
    Rent a car if you can. Totally worth it and you just tip the valet drivers when they fetch your car. The parking lots are fine too. You can save $ by not using cabs. And save some blisters on your feet! Tongue out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thank you all for the input, I appreciate all the advice!!
  • Options
    +1 for renting a car and using the self-park lots.

We actually had great luck with the location of our car in the lots and didn't have to tip a valet.  We parked at Treasure Island, Aria, Cosmpolitan (multiple times), Mandalay Bay, and Wynn.  We ended up parking at the Shark Reef entrance at MB because it's really close to the Chapel.

The last time I was in Vegas with a car, we valeted... and it took a lot of time (again probably because of time of day).  I thought self-park was pretty painless!
  • Options
    I'm also a fan of renting a car and self-parking - so easy and convienent.  I'm also looking for rates now for October and noticed that aaa.com (if you have a membership) has some great deals with Hertz.
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
  • Options
    anyone use payless rental? also, do they have a shuttle from the airport?
  • Options
    I ended up going with Hertz since the aaa discout made a decent price. now im a good driver but lets hope i can figure out getting from one place to another!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards