Hawaii
Options

Confession...

I need to get this off my chest. I was married once before. Age 21, stupid and in love with a Marine. It was a courthouse event, just us and I wore a $10 clearance dress from Ross. Young and dumb!! The positive: I learned who I really was and what I really wanted out of a relationship.

Over a short period, I grew up and my ex decided he didn't want to. He also decided that since he had gotten out of the service he didn't need anyone to tell him what to do. You can see how that would go at like.... lets say a JOB!!!... Needless to say he went back to Mommy who bought him a brand new BMW.

At that point I met a real man and we have taken things slow and enjoyed every moment. Thank God I did not have any kids with the ex!

Anywho, thanks to you for all the advice & ideas. Although I was married before, this is my first "wedding" and I'm so enjoying the ups and downs with you all.

Have a great evening Kiss
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image139 Were invited to paradise!
image 39 Are ready to party!
image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
image 0 Need to check their mail!

Re: Confession...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you could share that with us.  If I had married the person I was dating at 21, I'd be divorced as well.  Apologies if this comes off the wrong way, but I assume your FI knows about the prior marriage, yes?

I'm really glad that you've found happiness in a mature relationship with your FI, and it's bonus points that you know to truly treasure and appreciate it!  We're glad to have you here planning with us -- true love should certainly be celebrated, regardless if it's a first marriage or not.
  • Options
    tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes my FI knows everything...I am so happy these days!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! The ladies on this board are great and so not judgmental...FWIW my FI was married at 21 as well so no worries. J. :-)
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_confession-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:7d77c86d-25f8-41c8-be22-e2db8e1162a2Post:24b9e18b-8650-4121-8735-076b5f315e18">Re: Confession...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad you could share that with us.  If I had married the person I was dating at 21, I'd be divorced as well.  Apologies if this comes off the wrong way, but I assume your FI knows about the prior marriage, yes? I'm really glad that you've found happiness in a mature relationship with your FI, and it's bonus points that you know to truly treasure and appreciate it!  We're glad to have you here planning with us -- <strong>true love should certainly be celebrated, regardless if it's a first marriage or not.</strong>
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't agree with this more! :)
  • Options
    FSForeverFSForever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also married at 21 and although it ended badly, with children, I am much happier and I wouldn't have changed getting married at 21.  It was a part of my life and I have three wonderful children.  I also grew a lot as a person.  
    I think you will find that these days most people do not judge you for being married before.  I know both FI and I were very surpised how supportive everone has been this time around and how they really wanted us to have a wedding.  Its amazing how different it can be when you find your true soulmate and you know who you are. 
    Good luck and keep posting. No one is judging. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards