Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

POLL TIME!! :)

Hello ladies :)

1) How big is your wedding guest list?

2) What are your colors? Where are you incorporating them?

3) Do you have a wedding party? If yes...how many?

4) What is something that you are adding to your wedding to make it yours?

5) Who has been the most helpful to you in planning? 
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: POLL TIME!! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have between 20 - 30 people going to Vegas.  And undeteremined for my At Home Celebration.  And if I knew that many people where going to Vegas I never would of had an At Home Celebration.  Originally I thought it would be just our parents and maybe our siblings.

I'm a girly girl so of course pink.  My bridesmaid's dresses are the color Watermelon which is a rose tone.

Again I originally just wanted my sister.  However it grew to 4 bridesmaid's and 4 groomsmen's per other people's insistence.

From wanting the most traditional church wedding at home, it ended up the complete opposite.  My wedding is all jacked up with unconventional things.  If I had unlimited funds it would of been the double decker bus with the Rod Stewart impersonater.  It was so hilarious on their website. 

I couldn't of pulled any of this off without the the Vegas Knot from reviews, bio's, to suggestions!
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 32 and had 30 show up, three were surprise wedding crashers though that made my weekend!

Red, only because we both wanted red roses for flowers so this just made it easy

I had two ladies and DH had three guys

Friends and family made it us and 100% perfect for us

I second the PP, it was by far you knotties!
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_poll-time-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e782923a-1e23-4ed7-8465-7d158906a2f3Post:b0c30d4e-a1d0-4151-a43e-48974f230ba7">Re: POLL TIME!! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]4) What is something that you are adding to your wedding to make it yours? From wanting the most traditional church wedding at home, it ended up the complete opposite.  My wedding is all jacked up with unconventional things.  If I had unlimited funds it would of been the double decker bus with the Rod Stewart impersonater.  It was so hilarious on their website.  
    Posted by formerlymeowmeow[/QUOTE]

Bellagio is beautiful, you will have so much fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 38 people, and 20 actually came.

Different shades of purple, as well as black damask pattern. I knew I wanted purple, and I didn't care if it all matched or not. My bouquet was light lavendar roses, the bridesmaids clutches were dark purple, and my wedding cake has purply-fuschia orchids.
    4 girls on my side and 2 dudes on his.

Not going the traditional route and having a big church wedding.

I kept my planning pretty simple, but of course I got all of my ideas from the lovely brides here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Invite approx 60 and had 50

We stuck with the feel of the Ivory and Brown of the Chapel and I added in Purple with my flowers.

Nope. I wanted to but with the cost of travel etc...We did not want to add that burden to them. But I did acknowledge My SIL's and BFF's with a rose and treated them to Hair&Make-up

Like most have said by changing up the Venue! Also our cake was representative of our silly side :)

Most def the wonderful ladies on The Knot!! and my brother and SIL were great at helping me stay calm :)
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We'll have 6 or 8 guests at our Vegas wedding. The rest, about 50-60 people, will enjoy the web-casting.

Ivory and gold with  a touch of turquoise. Incorporated in invites, cake, gown and jewelry, FI attire, favors and personalized items like napkins, coasters, guest towels etc...

Not really. Just two witnesses.

A lot of personalization. My wedding ring is going to be the e-ring my grandpa made for my grandma (he was a jewelry craftsman), we'll have my FH's ring custom made, favors are also going to be designed by me and custom made, plus the whole Vegas wedding is completely out of the ordinary for a couple of Italians :-) We're sure going to be the only ones in the entire country! Family is speechless :-)))) 

The knot and the boards of course, my planner and our WC at the Wynn.
  • Options
    kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still over a year away but here goes:

We have like 100 on our list but are thinking between 50 & 75 will be coming.  I know it's huge but I come from a huge family and you only get married once. 

Dark purple and granny smith apple green.  The girls dresses will be purple and my flowers will also be purple and I'm giving the girls clutches that will be green w/ purple accents. 

Yes, my sisters are my matron and maid of honor and he has 3 guys on his side.

Like others have said the location is def one thing, plus I want to get a fun cake and I want to get small cakes for each table instead of flowers for centerpieces.

Again, like others, I would be lost w/o this board so thank you! Esp since people weren't really too excited about the idea of Vegas in the first place. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How big is your wedding guest list?  We invited 29 and had 25 attend.

2) What are your colors? Where are you incorporating them? Our colors were hunter green and ivory.  They were used mainly in the stationery (STD magnets and invites) and our cake (ivory frosting base with dark green trim).  Oh, and my MOH's dress was hunter green.

3) Do you have a wedding party? If yes...how many?  We kept it to my MOH and his best man. 

4) What is something that you are adding to your wedding to make it yours?  I think keeping the wedding as low-key and simple as we did set it apart from other weddings in our families.  My brothers and DH's cousin all had huge blowout weddings and we didn't want to go there.

And there was the South Park cake topper that I insisted on having!

5) Who has been the most helpful to you in planning?  My mom, my aunt and my MOH were always with me, even though there really wasn't all that much to do.  DH's input was welcome, but he was more of the "Sure, whatever you want," type. 
  • Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have roughly 60 people on our list to invite... anticipate about 45-50 to show up!

Colors are Tangelo and Watermelon/Coral... the bridesmaids dresses will be alternating colors between the two and will have a complimentary sash and trim of the other color.  Groomsmen will either have shirts OR ties that are one of the colors.

5 Bridesmaids and 5 Groomsmen... I would have a lot more if I could (budget wise).  Before I asked my attendants to be apart of the wedding... I waited for them to say they were attending and will be paying for part of their expenses (as a surprise).

I agree with a lot of the other PPs... just having it in Vegas!  We are also going on a cruise the following week and are inviting our guests to go with us.  Realistically we know that not many will be able to go but I do think that shows how much we want others to share in our experience!

I definitely have picked up some GREAT tips from other Knotties... so THANK YOU!  In addition... I have lots of friends and relatives who have been through this before and I take advice from them... if it is good advice that is! :)
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How big is your wedding guest list?  We will be inviting about 75, we estimate about 50 will end up coming.

2) What are your colors? Where are you incorporating them?  Two main colors are fuschia and grey/pewter, but will have some pink/purple/light yellow/light green mixed in as well.  BMs will be in grey dresses/fuschia shoes/fuschia flower in hair.  GMs will be in Grey tuxes, not sure on tie color yet.  Flowers will have all those colors/all paper prob. will too.  Fuschia rose petals scattered in Vista, w/votives.  Oh and my shoes are a fuschia color!

3) Do you have a wedding party? If yes...how many? All the sudden we're at 6 BMs and 6 GMs, however, my sister & I got in a huge fight over the BM dress so at this point she's out, but I'm sure she'll be there.  Good drama times;)

4) What is something that you are adding to your wedding to make it yours?  Personalizing the cake as a surprise for my FH and everyone else.  The music during the ceremony will be very much ours, Dave Matthews Band.  Even the Ipod music will make it ours, music is big for us.

5) Who has been the most helpful to you in planning?  Vegas Knotties!  And my MOH has been great too.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    1) How big is your wedding guest list? As of right now 135, We wanted to cap it at 80, somehow that didn't work. :-)

2) What are your colors? Where are you incorporating them? Turquiose Silver Black.  Black dresses for BM's sashes are Turquiose and Silver.  Hopefully the centerpieces will have all 3 colors, still can't decide on flower's or not.  Hoping to find Turquiose shoes but still debating on heels or flats depends on if I add extra fabric to my dress or not.

3) Do you have a wedding party? If yes...how many?  5 BM and 5 GM  - Have 2 older neices that I want to add, but don't know where to put them.

I'm still trying to narrow this down
    5) Who has been the most helpful to you in planning?  The ladies on here have helped me sooooo much and my mom.

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How big is your wedding guest list? We sent out 50 invitations in total, so the total number of people invited is around the 100 mark. We are budgeting for 25.

2) What are your colors? Where are you incorporating them? I have a dark dress and the guys are wearing black shirts with grey suits, so I wanted colours that would compliment them. Fuschia, bright green and tropical orange are our main colours. The flowers will be mainly bright pink roses, the bridesmaid dress is TBC (but I love the one below) and the stationery has been bespoke designed to suit our colour theme.

3) Do you have a wedding party? If yes...how many? Yep. One best mn, one bridesmaid and two ushers/groomsmen.

4) What is something that you are adding to your wedding to make it yours? I have put a lot of thought into every aspect of planning, and chosen things that I really really love, so hopefully that will be reflected. I think the fact that it is in Vegas is making it 'ours' as well!

5) Who has been the most helpful to you in planning? Genuinely, it has been this board and the Knot. I would not have known where to start with finding vendors and everyones' reviews and suggetions have been so so helpful.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to invite 38, and I think that 30 are going to show.  We are also planning a more casual party back home so that my extended family and his can meet.  

Black & ivory with red roses

I have 3 girls, he has 2 guys and 1 girl on his side.

We are both big-time foodies and wine aficianados.   So, moving our wedding out west where we could have killer food and wine, spend time with those that are the closest to us, AND keep it within a certain budget, really allows us to entertain like we do!

This site has been awesome (both when I was lurker and now a poster!).  II also had a chance to scope out both of our venues in RL, and had a handful of girls from work gather info for me while they were on trips to LV this year.  Thanks again for the help Knot Ladies!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have 80 on the list (he has a huge family), but probably 50-60 will show.

Black, ivory, and red roses for me also!

5 gals 5 guys

Can't wait for our strip tour on the double decker bus, Elvis might even show up :)

All you fellow brides have been SO helpful with true opinons. Really helps when planning a destination wedding.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're planning to invite around 150 or so, still playing with this because we know for a fact some of our out of town family won't be able to attend, so that gives us some more room for in town guests.

Navy blue, red and white.  My BM's will be in navy dresses and the guys will be in black tuxes with a red ensemble (FI wants bowties, I'm leaning toward regular ties).  The ring bearers will be in red polo shirts with navy blue docker style pants and white sneakers.  Not sure what my flower girl is wearing yet. My invites are white with navy blue writing and a strip of navy blue paper that I'm embossing with daisies and putting red sequins in the center of each daisy.

We each have 4 attendants, plus the 2 ring bearers and 1 flower girl

Butterflies and daisies everywhere.  I want to get a butterfly pick for my bouquet, which will be white daisies with a few red rose buds thrown in.  My MOH's mom works with polymer clay and she is going to make butterflies in navy with red and white swirls through them that will hang from navy ribbons on the end of each pew down the center aisle.  We're still designing the cake, but hoping to have butterflies flying in a spiral up the cake.

Definitely my mom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey AngieD!  Where you around or lurking when Pamila1512(??) Had her wedding? She had a cake with butterflies on it! I think in her bio  she has her e-mail so you can see pic's?
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1) How big is your wedding guest list? we are expecting about 40ish

2) What are your colors? Where are you incorporating them? Latte & Canary....latte BM dresses & shoes canary along with white in the flowers

3) Do you have a wedding party? If yes...how many? 4 girls, 2 guys, and a flowergirl

4) What is something that you are adding to your wedding to make it yours? we had signs made from an etsy retailer with a poem and our names and putting them at the entrance to the garden

5) Who has been the most helpful to you in planning?  all you ladies...and my FMIL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_poll-time-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e782923a-1e23-4ed7-8465-7d158906a2f3Post:65ea335f-ceb0-4f4b-9ada-bf1079002004">Re: POLL TIME!! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey AngieD!  Where you around or lurking when Pamila1512(??) Had her wedding? She had a cake with butterflies on it! I think in her bio  she has her e-mail so you can see pic's?
    Posted by stinkerbell6879[/QUOTE]

I have too much crammed in my brain right now, not sure if I was lurking when she was around...I'll search it out...Thanks!
  • Options
    flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i estimate we'll end up with about 20 people

i don't think we're going to have colours.  

nope.

we are going to do a last minute wedding with as little planning as possible.  my 2 kids will walk down the aisle ahead of me which i think is super cute. 

TK, my friends and my anti-planning attitude!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Guests:  83 Invited , but probably 60-70 will show
    Colors:  Ivory & Black with touches of gold
    Wedding Party:  1 MOH and 1 Best Man
    What makes it ours?
    1) Our "unique" Registry Items
    2) Its Vegas
    3) Our fabulous, crazy, insane, international crew of friends & family
    4) OMG - The Groom's Cake....!

Most Helpful:  Vegas Knotties, My Fabulous futureSIL, and Get Married magazine
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jkhoutzjkhoutz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How big is your wedding guest list? About 65, invites not sent yet but hoping for around 50

2) What are your colors? Where are you incorporating them? Black and white and baby blue. Keeping things simple and classic. Baby blue on the cake perhaps as a ribbon or maybe on the bridal bouquet ribbon.

3) Do you have a wedding party? If yes...how many? Yes, probably 2-3 each side.

4) What is something that you are adding to your wedding to make it yours? A fun concert the night before as a welcome party with our band and friends' bands performing

5) Who has been the most helpful to you in planning? Books from the library, the Knot, and my friends Stacey and Wendy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to POLL TIME!! :):

We invited about 50 and we're having a lucky number of guests, 21.

2) What are your colors?
    Pale Pink & Black
    Where are you incorporating them?
    All over the place, from the flowers to the attire!

A MOH, a BM and 3 groomsmen.

We'll have some fun readings :)

Deffo the Las Vegas knotties and jccswl has put up with a lot of my crazy questions. I really appreciate it, lady  :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How big is your wedding guest list? somewhere between 20 and 25 guests at the moment

2) What are your colors? Where are you incorporating them? Red, White, Black...my dress is mainly white with some red trim and red down the center of the train....white, well that is everywhere haha....red flowers, red bm dresses, black thrown in here and there

3) Do you have a wedding party? If yes...how many? yes, 3 bridesmaids and one best man

4) What is something that you are adding to your wedding to make it yours?  Vegas....We love vegas!  Need I say more?

5) Who has been the most helpful to you in planning? All of you guys!!!!!!  (And Jeff has been pretty helpful, too)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

80 (rolls eyes) from all over US but hoping under 50 attends, since its in Vegas everyone seems to be inviting friends (rolls eyes again) LOL

Red & Black they are our fav colors and SO vegas.  Everywhere.

Nope, can you say Pink Cadillac entrance?

Like PP said, just having it in Vegas.  Elvis as an officiant probably also helps!

Knotties for sure!  I think I found this forum in day 2 of planning and it all started to click.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Inviting 100 people expecting around 20 - 50. it is an overseas destination wedding for everyone!

White, Black and Hot Pink
    Bride- Hot pink Shoes & bouquet
    BM's- Black dresses with a hot pink sash white flowers
    GM & Groom- wearing black

Yes 3 BM's & 3 GM's

We are having what most people would deem the "cheesy" vegas wedding but for us that was the whole point of coming to vegas! We are also having a 50's theme (I have a Marilyn inspired dress, the BM's have 50's dresses & will be wearing those neat stockings with the line up the back and the men will be dressed rat pack style) A lot of the guests are jumping on board as well even though it wasnt a requirement!

All you wonderful gals on the knot! Its been a big help to me particularly because I am overseas and wont be able to scout anything
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aaargh! I did a reply last night, but for some reason it never showed up. Well, here we go again....
    1) How big is your wedding guest list?  Invited 40, going to have 23

2) What are your colors? Where are you incorporating them? Red (with a smattering of gold). It's everywhere--invites, programs, menu cards, thank you cards, bouquet (18 red roses with 6 yellow, mostly in honor of my alma mater, USC...fight on!)

3) Do you have a wedding party? If yes...how many? Yep, 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen.

4) What is something that you are adding to your wedding to make it yours?  Gift boxes!  Because of the small guest list we were able to do more than the traditional favors, so we're doing gable boxes containing custom wineglasses with the guest's name and our wedding date, chocolate Eiffel Towers, mini Eiffel Tower candles, custom fortune cookies, chocolate heart favors with our picture, and a Visa card toward brunch the next day (or anything they want).

5) Who has been the most helpful to you in planning?  Definitely  my wonderful FI (he's not the traditional hands-off groom, which I love), my FMIL, and naturally, the dynamite ladies on this board.
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For Vegas: inviting 50-ish, estimating 30-ish to attend
    For Dallas (home) reception: probably 150-60

Black, Ivory & Royal Purple (David's Bridal Regency)
    -BM dresses, GM ties and flowers and other lil tid-bits

1 MOH, 2 BM, 1 BM, 2 GM

The ceremony in Vegas! 
    My FI and I are going to both wear leopard print shoes :)
    Lots of lil touches!

My mom & sis... plus THE KNOT!
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just sent out 70 STDs. As of right now, we are booked for 100 guests, but I think we might go over that!

Green. Its my favorite color. Peridot to be exact. The wedding party will be wearing green dresses for the girls and green vests and ties for the men. also the boquets will be green and white and so will other flower arrangements. and at the reception, the bow on the chair and table napkins will be this color!  

4 pairs, a ringboy, flower girl, adn junior bridesmaid

We're planning on adding a bit of a Filipino touch to it, like the favors and placed cards. And a money dance which is a Filipino tradition. And my FI loves poker, so we'll have poker chips choc coins as part of the favor. And like everyone, we'll have an outdoor wedding :)

My mom and my sister/moh!
  • Options
    bobbiward20bobbiward20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 50 and had 37 show up :)

We had black dresses for the bridesmaids and yellow roses with orange tips for the flowers.  (We had a complete different color scheme for the reception that was back home!  It was mainly red)

We had 2 ring bearers, 2 flower girls, 3 BM/MOH, and 3 GM/BM

Probably just having it in Vegas....and the Double decker bus trip with ipod music!! ha ha!

The knotties have been the most helpful given that it is a destination!!!  My MOH has been my rock and my sil's mother lives in Vegas, so she helped give ideas too!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards