Florida-North Florida

Seaside, FL wedding?

Hello everyone.

I am newly engaged (specifically 3/12/12)!! YAY!! Let the fun begin, right?? haha.

My fiance and I are looking at a June 2013 wedding on the Florida panhandle. We have heard great things about Seaside, FL although we have never been. (Ive went to Destin, FL with family for years but its so touristy now, I'm not sure I want a wedding there.)
I am wanting to do a beach wedding. For the reception, I would like somewhere with an outdoor dance floor. I do not want a formal sit down dinner, but would prefer finger foods to be served - but must have an open bar. I want the feel to be laid back but classy at the same time.
Budget for the entire wedding is around $15,000.

Can someone give me some good places to start for reception sites? We are planning a short trip down to the area in July (We live in Cincinnati, OH).

Thank you SO much for all your help, in advance.

Rebekah

Re: Seaside, FL wedding?

• edited March 2012
    Congratulations! You're being smart and starting early, these places book up fast. Depends on how many you invite but 15k may not be enough for Seaside. It's worth going to their website and contacting their wedding planner. Everywhere in South Walton County is beautiful. I am getting married in Santa Rosa Beach on the bay side which doesn't sound like what your going for. Watercolor Resort is beautiful and they offer packages that almost include everything. Also look at the South Walton Beach tourist website they have a wedding planner on staff that may be able to give you a better idea. I personally love Carrolin Beach and I kinda regret not booking there. Hope this helps.
  • My FI and I are getting married in Panama City Beach next month and we looked at the Watercooor resort (way expensive) and also the Hilton San Destin - not sure if those are in the area you want to get married.  We also looked into "pop up weddings" you basically hire a company to set up a wedding on the beach and tear down - then you find a place for a reception. That may be in your budget...but wasn't something we were willing to risk.
    Good Luck and let me know if you want to know anything about Panama City area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards