Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Cheap Ceremony / Reception places

I am having a hard time finding reasonably priced places for our ceremony. I expect to put out good money for a reception site but when I look at ceremony sites its OUTRAGOUS! Please help! Were trying to keep our total cost under 10,000!

Re: Cheap Ceremony / Reception places

• edited December 2011
    Can you have the ceremony at the reception site?  
    Or are you looking for a religious site of some sort?  We need more info.  My church is cheap, it's Catholic in Bryn Mawr.  
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking in downtown philly, it'll cost alot more. Check into renting a venue on someone's property, old barn, field..etc. Also, check into sites in the 'burbs..might be cheaper.Also, I went to arcadia university in glenside, pa -- i know that they rent the "CASTLE" all the time for events and weddings. Also, the COlumbia Station in Phoenixville, PA is an old converted rail station that has been used for weddings/ceremonies. Also, for something smaller the stoneridge inn located in dublin, pa (bucks county)....
  • Smile1114Smile1114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you've got mail.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • bessie1585bessie1585 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Fran Lee Caterer's in Bridesburg section of Philadelphia right off of 95. I am getting married there SEpt 18 2010.
  • sunshine1209sunshine1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank You everyone for your responces!  Im going to go Google :) I am looking to invite about 150 people to the wedding. && I am PRAYING to stat within my budget!! Were moving to VA next year for work and we really dont have the extra cash for an ALL out wedding, but I want something nice none the less.

Thanks Again!
  • nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try these people: http://www.liascatering.com, the rooms are run by the fire department which made me cringe but when I saw the inside I was impressed. The price was excellent.  Not sure what time of year you are getting married but they were going to give me a great deal on a winter wedding, let me have one room for my wedding or cocktails and the other for the reception.  The food smelled really good. Worth checking into.  Also the Swedish Museum in Philadelphia has a reasonable rental, I'd tent outside there but they have indoor space as well.  Daytime at Ridley Creek (you have to finish by four PM) also looks like a great deal, although I'm not sure it's not a typo on their web site.  My daughter also looked into using the community center at their apartment complex since they're doing a pig roast picnic, that was really cheap.  You might be able to even rent one if you don't live there.  Just a few ideas.  Good luck! Let us know what you find.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards