Pennsylvania

Any suggestions for a hopelessly overwhelmed bride-to-be???

Hello there ladies- and gents-

Does anyone have any ideas for an inexpensive, causal venue in the Poconos or anywhere in Eastern PA.  I'm looking for something with the option of an ourdoor ceremony and in house catering for the reception.

Please help!  I feel like I've looked everywhere and I can't find a place that fits my style and budget (which is the smallest amount of money we can spend, as we are paying for the wedding on our own.)

Re: Any suggestions for a hopelessly overwhelmed bride-to-be???

• l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  The Inne of the Abington's is very moderatley priced, and you can have an outdoor ceremony there as well.  www.theinne.com I have heard mixed reviews...but mostly due to the dated looking interior.  They have a nice outdoor area as well.  Worth checking into!~
  • SusieQ1981SusieQ1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married @ the Beethoven Waldheim in Bethlehem/Hellertown.  It's casual & cheap.  Not fancy, but suits our purposes.
    http://waldheimclub.com/default.aspx

Also, have you checked out Woodloch Pines in Hawley?  I do not know how their prices are, but I've been to lovely events there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011

Check Green Pond Country Club in Easton. Everything is included in the price, so the deal is not too expensive. I`m having my wedding there and Brian (the owner) is VERY accomodated!!
    Good luck

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check Green Pond Country Club in Easton. Everything is included in the price, so the deal is ok. I`m having my wedding there and Brian, the owner, is VERY accommodated.

Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • haggartchaggartc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Montdale Country Club is where we are having our reception...they have beautiful grounds for an outdoor reception and two different reception spaces and they're very reasonably priced. Marie has been great to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies, I will check these out ASAP.  Thanks so much for the suggestions, it means alot to hear from other brides!
    Smile
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I'll also throw the Stroudsmoor into the conversation. We're having our wedding there and so did my husband's brother and sister-in-law. They have 6 (?) beautiful sites and are reasonably priced. We're doing only 50 people as well, so think about the Auradell location there (outdoor ceremony, indoor reception). Cathleen is wonderful to work with there -- a true gem.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • blackdove5blackdove5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also getting married at Stroudsmoor (Woodsgate site) - their prices look a little high at first, but it includes apps, food, cake, event setup & take down, linens, certerpiece structures, wedding planner etc.  We met with their florist a few weeks ago as well and she was able to help me plan some reasonably priced arrangements.

Alcohol is seperate though, for a Sat night reception at our site you had a minimum of $2k for the bar - it can be covered by one of their pacakges (price PP) or a tab bar.  Other nights I don't believe you will have the same bar cost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 83 Are ready to party!
    image 58 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Have yet to respond!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards