Pre-wedding Parties

bridal shower and bachlorette party

I know my mom wants to throw me a bridal shower and my sister wants to throw me a bachlorrette party here instate. But I really wanted to go to Vegas. Is it too much to have 3 pre wedding parties?

Re: bridal shower and bachlorette party

• There is no such thing as too many showers/parties...as long as they are thrown for you, you cannot plan your own. Think about how your sister would feel that she planned you a bachelorette party and you then planned one for yourself, that would be a slap in the face that what she planned wasn't good enough.
    I think it's ok if your sister asks you any suggestions for what you would like to do, but maybe she and others cannot afford to go to Vegas, have you had any discussions about this?
    You can always plan a girls weekend to Vegas at some other time if you are really set on going, just don't have it be another bachelorette party.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-and-bachlorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:25715983-640b-4ec5-aba2-0108c7c4816ePost:c241825d-053a-453f-b40e-001ef786d6fb">bridal shower and bachlorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know my mom wants to throw me a bridal shower and my sister wants to throw me a bachlorrette party here instate. But I really wanted to go to Vegas. Is it too much to have 3 pre wedding parties?
    Posted by dianaromero6[/QUOTE]

It's not up to you to decide what gets done for your B-party. It's kind of rude to expect and want people to have to take off of work and spend a lot of money to go to Vegas for a party for you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-and-bachlorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:25715983-640b-4ec5-aba2-0108c7c4816ePost:2abf1983-16a6-41e9-8a12-d4aa9793853a">Re: bridal shower and bachlorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to bridal shower and bachlorette party : It's not up to you to decide what gets done for your B-party. It's kind of rude to expect and want people to have to take off of work and spend a lot of money to go to Vegas for a party for you. 
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Well I know the Bridal Shower would be for all my relatives and older friends. Like my grandma and aunts.  My sister wants to throw me a bachlorette party here in town so everyone who has kids can take one night off and come get crazy at a party.  I was thinking about going to Vegas with only my bridesmaids,  I wasnt going to ask everyone to come.

</div>
  • So ask your friends if they can afford to go to Vegas for a girls' weekend out.  It will be just like a bachelorette party, only you pay your own way, there's no bachelorette party decorations or games, and it won't be specifically in your honor.  You can still have an awesome time with your girls, if that's something they are interested in.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-and-bachlorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:25715983-640b-4ec5-aba2-0108c7c4816ePost:7e984bc9-80f6-498b-b159-9b08e1b9631a">Re: bridal shower and bachlorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bridal shower and bachlorette party : Well I know the Bridal Shower would be for all my relatives and older friends. Like my grandma and aunts.  My sister wants to throw me a bachlorette party here in town so everyone who has kids can take one night off and come get crazy at a party.  I was thinking about going to Vegas with only my bridesmaids, <strong> I wasnt going to ask everyone to come.</strong>
    Posted by dianaromero6[/QUOTE]

Just because it's only your bridesmaids doesn't make it ok to ask/want/expect a Vegas B-Party. Also since you're not supposed to plan your own b party you can't ask anyone anything.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards