Illinois-Chicago

Which Bakery!?!

I have 3 bakeries to choose from...Has anyone had any good experiances with any of these

*Rolfs
*Sugar Hills
*Baking Institute

Please give me as much feedback as possible!  The closest one to my home is Sugar Hills.  The others are about an hour away from me, and I dont want to waste my time!

Thanks
Danielle

Re: Which Bakery!?!

• MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard amazing things about Rolf's
    We are using the Baking Institute and there are mixed reviews out there but we loved the tasting and am excited about our cake.
  • Gibson824Gibson824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rolf's. It was incredibly moist and uh-mazinggggggg.
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used baking institute. I just posted my Vendor Recs last week on Chicago Board. You can read about Igor there and some of the other girls posted in reply. I liked them, cake was perfect and delicious!
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
  • heyyjude7heyyjude7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have to use Rolf's as part of our package, and I couldn't be more excited!  Our tasting was amazing!  Delicious stuff and super friendly!!!

• lonyahglonyahg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Baking Institute
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used the baking institute. during the tasting the cake was AMAZING. i was super excited about my cake and told everyone about it. day of the wedding...outside of the cake was the wrong colour sequence. inside of the cake...stale and it was lemon cream instead of lemon custard. very upsetting :(
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same issue as Jami86e with The Baking Insitute! The tasting was amazing, then the cake the day of was the wrong design and did not include the upgrades we paid for. The inside was what we ordered but the cake was of the first things I saw when entering our reception and it was all wrong. We're getting a refund for the upgrades we paid for.
  • edited December 2011
    So after reading all of your comments, and after a horrible tasting experience with The baking institute, I'm glad I went with Rolfs. My tasting experience with the baking estate was awful, they called me the day of..a few hours before saying that they had to cancel my appt because someone was sick, so they wanted me to reschedule. So I did. No big deal. So I go to my tasting on a sunday , which they were closed, but they tried to accommodate me. I picked 3 cake choices ahead of time, and I tried them at the tasting. They were STALE yuck, I was not impressed. I couldn't understand the guy that I had my tasting with, so that made it even worse! I went to Rolfs a few weeks later, and they had me try all of the cakes, and fillings, and the lady was more than helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards