Wedding Woes
Options

TGIF!

What's up for the weekend?

We have a neighborhood parade and picnic and town festival tomorrow. Tomorrow night is dinner with a friend. Sunday is church and whatever DH wants to do.

Since the picnic is in front of our house I want to make sure the bathroom and living room are presentable and I'd like to get some more of the house put together.

Re: TGIF!

• Options
  • Options
    So, people will want to come in your house to use your bathroom?
  • Options
    6again6again member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Ha, this is what happened 2 wks ago when I thought I was being ignored.  I had written the stupid post as the other 6.  Knut people never replied with a reason.
  • Options
    6again6again member
    Supposedly they have port-a-potties for people and since it's all neighborhood people I doubt anyone would.  It's a "just in case" though.  I have no idea what to expect.  I know there is a parade, the association grills hot dogs, and the rest is potluck.  They set up the tent, tables, and chairs today in the grass cul-de-sac.  Then Sat morning they put up a bounce house (that is going in our yard) and a basketball tourney, and then a firetruck comes. 
  • Options
    See, I think I'm just a huge stick-in-the-mud because I wouldn't want that in my yard.  I'd love it in someone else's yard though.  :)

And out of curiousity, does the association carry insurance for that stuff?  I'd be paranoid someone would try to sue me because it was my yard.
  • Options
    Today: Working half day.  DH took the day off.  Good thing because his cousin is currently here (his cousin is in town for the Phish show...DH went with him last night because he had an extra ticket).  I'm keeping my neighbor's kid today.  My nieces are showing up at some point today.  SIL is also supposed to come hang out this afternoon.  It's a three-ring circus and admission is free. 

Tomorrow: Dropping my nieces off at my IL's and hanging out with DH's cousin some more. 

Sunday: Hopefully sleeping my happy ass in for once. 
  • Options
    6again6again member
    The woman that lived here before was on the board so that's how it started.  They do carry insurance because I was worried too.  Considering how incredible terrible our yard is I don't care.  Everything is just so dry.  I will be moving our cars so nothing happens to them.
  • Options
    At least the kids can have some fun and you don't have to worry about it.
  • Options
    That sounds like tons of fun 6.  Minus the yard commode.  But even then...still fun.

My weekend will be sporadic.  Tonight is lay low...my hip is bothering me so hopefully by the end of the day I can knock out the workout I was supposed to do this morning.

Wash, rinse and repeat tomorrow morning-more working out.  I love this new program.  Whee!  Then breakfast, errands...and I eventually will help my friend get ready for her birthday party, she agreed to have me do her makeups.  I don't know how extensive that will be...I'm not terribly versed, but I love doing it anyway.  Though I get all worked up prior.  We shall see.

Then party time with friend and a million other people I don't know.  Interesting.

Sunday, hopefully I'm well enough to do lots of chores around teh house.  It is filthy.
  • Options
    Today and tomorrow: effing hot. Like record breaking effing hot. So I'm thinking it's probably a good weekend to get some house chores done in the central cooling...and we'll visit friends with swimming pools on Sunday :D
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    This weekend I am heading to CA to visit with family. I don't want to go. My mom wants me to walk in the race for the cure with her. I don't want to do that either. The thought of being surrounded by all those people and OH MY GOD CANCER CANCER CANCER makes me want to have a panic attack and throw up. But then I am the ass who won't walk with her cancer riddled mother. Too bad handfuls of xanax don't lend themself to walking.
  • Options
    Take your xanax and have her push you in a chair. (mostly kidding)
  • Options
    6again6again member
    Good luck min.  That sounds like a really tough situation.  Maybe you can fake an injury?
  • Options
    It's weird. I've spoked to several adult children whose parents have cancer. It's like all the air gets sucked out of the relationship and it is one-sided. My great friend said she had a broken finger as a child and didn't say anything, because, well, it wasn't the breast cancer that her mother had.

My feelings about the walk don't really matter. As my sister said, it's about mom and whatever she wants. As if my feelings ever mattered to begin with.

And people can't understand why I moved away from Southern California. Um...that's where the assholes live. I'll take triple digits for three months over that.
  • Options
    *backpats for min*  I don't think all parents are like that...but your mom had set the precedent long before the illness and yes, you were justified in leaving SoCa.
  • Options
    Min, if you need to run away for a bit, you know wheere to find me.

Husband took the day off today so we are going to the fair! I am going to eat all sorts of horrible for me food. This afternoon we pick up niece for a sleepover then tomorrow morning we turn her over to her Lolo and Lola (gparents) and she get to go to the fair with them. I wish them more power, because it is the last Saturday it is open and I imagine it will be crowded. Crazy crowded.

While she is at the fair, I am going to a baby shower. Then home to clean up the house some.

Sunday will be church and my OC friend, husband and son are coming down for a visit. We are picking their brains for installing laminate in our living room. /and catching up of course.
  • Options
    Taking care of the dog this weekend. DH has to work Saturday and I will do my normal run errands/laundry/assorted chores. Sunday it's going to be a death match between me and DH over who is going to get to sleep in. We're both tired and we've both busted azz this week. I have nothing exciting.
  • Options
    We're pulling out all of the food in the freezer and deep freeze to see what we have and need to use up, maybe doing some batch cooking.  It's getting crazy up in there.

More canning.

Staying in the AC the rest of the time.  We were wanting to do another day hike, but at 101 degrees for the day and 85 by 9 am, it's just not worth it here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards