African American Weddings
Options

NWR: Things that make you go hhmmmm?

So this weekend is the big FL-GA college football game and there are TONS of people in town for the game.  My neighbor (who is White) has guests in town for the game.  The 2 guys visiting call themselves Blue Eyes & Dreads (BFF's & "brothers" from other mothers).  She invited me over to meet them & have a glass of wine.  During the course of the conversation, she asked if I had a "friend" I could introduce to Blue Eyes.  He's a cutie but unfortunately I don't know very many single [Black] ladies who he could meet, let alone date since that is his preference. 

It was just funny to me that she'd ask me to hook him up.  I just wondered was it because I'm Black or because I'm a Black woman engaged to a White man? 
80 said yes image

Re: NWR: Things that make you go hhmmmm?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did Blue Eyes specifically say that they were looking for someone who is black.....or was he just trying to put it out there, that he is single and you might have a single friend that could be a match?

opps- I just re-read.  hmmm- i'm wondering why they'd just assume all your friends are black, just because you're black. i would straight up ask- "are you not open to dating your own race? (as well as other races)
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He is most likely assuming you know more black women than anyone else. Nothing wrong with that assumption at all if you ask me, as long as you don't turn into thee go-to girl for all things black. That would be wrong.

But I agree, ask if he'd date women of other races.
    January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
    Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Definetly don't want to "hook" him up with a black woman if the man is not open.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards