Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Barn/Rustic Wedding

Hello!

My fiance and I are starting to plan our wedding and we would like to do it in Massachusetts, where we're both from.  We haven't been in MA for over a decade and currently live in New York, so we're not familiar at all with wedding venues in MA.  We are looking for a rustic venue, with space to have a ceremony and hopefully a barn for the reception.  We're only going to have 50-60 people and would like to keep it within a low-cost budget.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd really appreciate any guidance or recommendations of beautiful rustic places that are reasonably priced anywhere in MA.  Thanks a lot!

Re: Barn/Rustic Wedding

• Hello!

My fiance and I are starting to plan our wedding and we would like to do it in Massachusetts, where we're both from.  We haven't been in MA for over a decade and currently live in New York, so we're not familiar at all with wedding venues in MA.  We are looking for a rustic venue, with space to have a ceremony and hopefully a barn for the reception.  We're only going to have 50-60 people and would like to keep it within a low-cost budget.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd really appreciate any guidance or recommendations of beautiful rustic places that are reasonably priced anywhere in MA.  Thanks a lot!
  • Not sure how they are priced, but the Borsai Gallery in Dennis is beautiful.
  • and here...  http://www.cycc.net/weddings.php

Such a beautiful venue, barn, on the beach, and affordable!
  • You stated anywhere in MA.  I know this is a cape board but we looked at the Publick House in Sturbridge MA.  Very rustic/historic and great food.  Not expensive. We could not work our date out but I would suggest checking this place.
  • I'm getting married at Bourne Farm in West Falmouth this June. The barn itself is a bit small to host the reception, but you can set up a tent right outside of it. The entire property is yours to use for the weekend and you can make it as affordable as you wish. Another location we looked at was the Overbrook House in Buzzard's Bay. It doesn't have an actual barn, but the "dance hall" has a very rustic feel and the owners of the property operate an organic farm across the street. It is great for smaller weddings, was too small for us. Off-Cape, I have seen some gorgeous pictures of Gedney Farm in the Berkshires, but that might be a bit more expensive.

Hope that's helpful!
  • We are getting married at Overbrook! So pretty- we are setting up a tent for our reception and doing the after party in the dance hall- we are expecting about 130 people. We were interested in Bourne Farm, but all the dates we were looking at were taken... Very pretty though, and reasonable!
  • I'm having a rustic wedding in a barn myself at Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield. It's just north of Sturbridge (exit 9 on the pike). Before we settled on this, I also looked into other barn venues by googling "rustic barn wedding venues in mass" (and other keywords of the sort) and I got a lot of hits! Without knowing your budget it's a little hard to say what to check out. Salem Cross has VERY reasonable rates but there were also some very pricey barns.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_barnrustic-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:94Discussion:c1330652-f27c-4420-92c9-546919f159f4Post:855274e5-3bd5-40aa-838a-45a52d8d61a1">Re: Barn/Rustic Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at Overbrook! So pretty- we are setting up a tent for our reception and doing the after party in the dance hall- we are expecting about 130 people. We were interested in Bourne Farm, but all the dates we were looking at were taken... Very pretty though, and reasonable!
    Posted by Shelskharma[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey there! What time do Overbrook allow the afterparty to go on? Are there noise restrictions in the area? I have been trying to find a similar venue that allows the party to continue past 11 but it is proving difficult! Thanks :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards