Not Engaged Yet

le sigh

after searching high and low for a reception dress, i found a great candidate. i emailed the girl and she just responded:

"the ad has been on here so long, I forgot about it. I just chucked the dress out..a few weeks ago...I am so sorry.. "

dang itttttttttttttttt

and, i'm feeling behind. what should i have done if my wedding is in 4.5 months? married ppl? helpppppp? (and acro, as long as i can stick up with you!!)

Re: le sigh

• edited December 2011
    That sucks about your dress : (  What kind of dress are you looking for?

Do you have all your vendors booked? What about invitations? Are you doing them yourself or are you ordering them? All the other stuff is pretty easy but I didn't do a whole lot of DIY. You still have lots of time - we planned our whole wedding in 5 months without too much stress.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes! i have to keep telling myself that i have plenty of time! i think it's starting to freak me out because I have 10 other weddings this summer, therefore I really want to get the bulk of it done sooner than later, because all my weekends are gone after June 1!!!

I have all my vendors technically, but need to iron out all the details with pretty much all of them (i'm planning LD). I'm doing my invites, so that project will start pretty soon.

It's all the small projects now.... siiiigh. What were all your last minute things you had forgotten about earlier???

For the dress: I was planning on getting a 1950s style short wedding dress. I tried on 50-60 dresses and fell in love with a vintage sheath style dress, which I love! and I got it on a wicked good sale, so I'm seeing if I get get both! aka - looking at online consignment dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    Well all the small projects that I would have liked to have done were taken over by my sister to surpise me - but that's a whole different rant and I don't want to thread jack

One little project that I did that I really liked was making guestbook pens that were wrapped in green floral tape with a little silk flower on top - let me see if I can find a picture
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aw super cute!!!

i <3 DIY!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really know what advice I can give you except ::breathe:: It will all turn out great. I know you want a reception dress and think you should keep looking but just remember, you do have one dress so the worst case scenario is that you keep the same dress on all night.

If you have all of your vendors booked and your invitations will be done, you will be great. The little things will come together and if not, they are small details. Start with the things that are more important and work your way down.

Hope that helps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love 50s style dresses.  This is what I think I would get if I were to be getting married.. but it might be a little hot.

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/12685/Vintage-Size-8.html
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh Narwhal I love it!!!

This was my initial dream dress: http://planningtoelope.com/images/dresses/michelleroth_maya.jpg

I finally found it and tried it on after I bought my dress. It was just so heavy, and wasn't worth the extra $700. I sitll <3 it though!!

I would like to find something that's a little modern.

When you ARE looking at dresses, you should check out www.DollyCouture.com
  • edited December 2011
    Kat, I so want you to get your short dress.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards