June 2013 Weddings
Options

Happy Holidays!!!!!

So, what does everyone have planned for the holiday weekend? And what did everyone ask for for Christmas (or you respective holiday)?
Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image

Re: Happy Holidays!!!!!

• Options
    Tomorrow FI and I are leaving for Baltimore. We are going to watch the Giants game in baltimore on Sunday, and tomorrow night we are going out for a nice dinner. We come home Christmas Eve on the afternoon. Then we are going to FI's family for dinner and gift exchange. Christmas day will be at my parents house. FI and his parents are coming over and I think that's it. Pretty low key as far as the actual holidays go. I only have to work all day Wed and then half a day Thurs next week so that's nice too. 

I had asked FI for Giants tickets, and he planned the Baltimore trip as my gift. I asked my parents for a watch, and some clothes. I really wanted an I-pad or tablet of some sort, but with the wedding expenses it's not gonna happen. I might treat myself to on for my bday so I have it on the 13 hour plane ride to Hawaii. Just a few other little things. My mom has been in a funk this hoiday season. I still live at home, and my mom has been a little sad because this will be the last Christmas I wake up at home with them. I told her I'll always see her on Christmas day, but she siad it wont be the same. I understand, it will be sad, but it's for the happy reason of marriage.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2012
    We have a birthday party to attend tomorrow for a friend of my fiance's, and on Sunday I'm going to lunch with my aunts who are home for Christmas. Monday night we'll go to a big Christmas Eve get together with my mom's side of the family. Around 35 people, 70 dozen homemade pierogies (we made around 840 of them last weekend), and tons of other homemade, traditional Italian and Slovak Christmas dishes. It's a meat-free meal, so I'll be carb-loading like it's my job. Tuesday is the crazy day...my little brother and sister are 14 and 15, so my parents still do Christmas morning with them. I'll get up, exchange gifts with my fiance, then head to my parents' for gifts and breakfast. Then we'll meet up at my fiance's uncle's house for Christmas with his side of the family, and then head over to my grandparents' for Christmas dinner there. It's a long day, but it's nice getting to see everyone.

I asked for a new leather tote bag for work, some sweaters, and a new hoodie. I'm terrible at asking for gifts for myself, and I feel extra guilty this year, knowing that my parents are contributing so much towards the wedding.
  • Options
    Morning Ladies!!

Happy Holidays to all of you =)

This year Xmas is a little messed up due to both sides having conflicting things.

Normally we do Xmas eve and into the wee hours of Xmas with my fam and then Xmas morning just the two of us and Xmas day is with FI's fam. Then my extended fam dinner is on the 26th or 27th.

This year, we're going to to FI's family dinner tomorrow with gift exchanging and then my parents on Xmas day and the extended fam dinner on Jan 5th!  Talk about things moved around lol At least FI and I will still have our Xmas morning tradition together =)

I honestly don't recall what I've asked for LOL I am hard to buy for as when I see something I want, I just buy it. So this year, I made the effort to resist buying everything and made a note of things I wanted on my phone. Then I gave FI the list mid-Nov to dole out to fam and I haven't looked at it since. So I'll be quite surprised this year as it'll be things I wanted but don't recall hahaha I've been focused on putting lots of thought and effort into others gifts so I didn't think about the things I wanted haha
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Options
    Happy holidays to you all!

Well, I was supposed to go to a holiday party at work today but doesn't look like it will be happening. :( Our daughter has been waking up every two hours last two nights, so I'm beyond exhausted. My eyes are literally closing while I'm sitting at work over here. My mom said that she'd still come watch her if we want, so maybe Derek and I will just go grab a quick drink instead. Tomorrow we are going to a holiday party with all of our daughter's friends, there is five 3 year olds and 2 babies there, so that should be fun. Sunday FI is working so I'm going to a friend's house since her husband is working as well (we met through a mom's group and then found out that our SOs were working together). Christmas eve we'll be spending at home, and Christmas day we are going to FI's family in the morning and mine in the afternoon.

I'm awful when it comes to asking for gifts, so my family knows that and they usually just get me gift certificates.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to be with my family in the Bay Area this Christmas (we trade off between christmas/thanksgiving).  So we will most likely drive down Sunday and stay until Thursday...then we come home and have Christmas with FI family.  We will also get to spend time with FI brother/sister-in-law and her family when we are in the bay area too.  Hope to get to see friends as well!

I didn't ask for anything this year!  Like others, if I "want" something I buy it, and right now we really just want our own house, lol... and I don't think Santa is that generous!  I've dropped hints to a day spa I like and other than that I'm a fan of gift certificates so whatever it good for me!  I guess I have surprises to look forward to this year :)

Wish everyone Happy Holidays!  

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards