Catholic Weddings
Options

This might be a silly question...

This might be a silly question... but is it possible to get married on a Sunday after/inbetween masses? Do parishes typically encourage/discourage this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: This might be a silly question...

• Options
    agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is usually discouraged. Sunday is considered a parish community day, so having a private mass is counter to that. If you have a small amount of guests, you might be able to get married during the regular parish mass, but you wouldn't be able to choose readings or music, and it would be a low key deal. 

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's possible, and some ladies on this board have done that.  But it would work better for small parishes, or Newman parishes, for the reasons agapecarrie said.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The best way to know for sure would be to just ask the parish priest, as different churches can have completely different policies. The logistics of setting up/taking pictures might be a big reason they would discourage it also.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I've seen them at my church in the mid afternoon, after the regular Sunday masses are over
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on a Sunday.  My parish only held 8 am and 10 am Mass on Sundays, so they were able to accommodate me.

You never know until you ask!
  • Options
    kolache3kolache3 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gosh, i tried to do this to save a good 2 grand but the priest said no. It's okay though, we're mustering up the extra cash to get married on our dream day. I'm just lucky that my non-catholic fiance is very committed to us getting married in the church at our Catholic university.
    Anniversary Birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards