Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

The Mansion in Shadyside!!!!

I'm so excited about the venue that I chose!!!!
The Mansion at Maple Heights is totally awesome!!!!  You get the whole house just for you and your guests and they have like every vendor you could possibly need.  The place is gorgeous and the company is actually run by young people, which was refreshing after meeting so many stuffed shirts and old ladies on all the visits we made around town to other venues.
I'm telling you, you have to see this place in person.  The pics on the website are beautiful, but it doesnt even do the place justice.....tons and tons of outdoor space in the middle of Shadyside!  I would have never guessed a property like this even existed in Pittsburgh

Anybody else getting married there?

Re: The Mansion in Shadyside!!!!

• Options
    carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    i know the girl that is being taken on as their events coordinator. i've never seen the space myself, but they have been in the news a lot lately because it's been up for sheriff sale but stayed for the time being.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kpagspghkpagspgh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Theres no sale.  That was all blown out of proportion because the owner is a steeler. He broke the whole thing down for me. They arent going anywhere, guarateed! If you dont have a reception location yet, you have to check it out. It truly the most unique spot in the whole city.  What's your friend's name that works there?

• Options
    carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    i'm already married, but thanks. and i used to do sheriff sales, so i went in and looked up their docket to read the documents and see what was going on. i wouldn't say they are gone just yet. it's been stayed, but not discontinued. he's doing damage control, which he should and is the only smart thing to do. it's just a heads up. i'm sure things will be fine.
  • Options
    kpagspghkpagspgh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well the place is amazing and they are doing a lot of upgrades getting ready for next year. 
    The owner was really nice and actually showed me docs to prove that there was no sale and signed a personal guarantee on my wedding (my dad insisted, but he didn't hesitate to sign it). 

what's your friends name that works there?  I wonder if i've met her yet....
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You sound a lot like a vendor to me.... just a bit fishy. Just an FYI - vendors are not allowed to post here
  • Options
    kpagspghkpagspgh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a vendor......
  • Options
    kpagspghkpagspgh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't have started this knot thing.  I thought this was somewhere that you could talk about how excited you are about your wedding but people have just been mean whenever I talk about my wedding (i.e. gmc22).  
    I'm excited.  Just wanna share with others that are excited. Are there any other nice brides out there?  
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kpags- I would say that gmc is THE nicest person I've seen on TK, so if you think she's mean, you're gonna have some trouble.

I think people's only problem is the way you talk about your vendors. There is a difference between someone asking for help and you responding with a vendor you had a great experience with and only posting about your vendors (unsolicited) on the board.  It makes you sound like you ARE a vendor, and they are banned from the boards.

We'd love to hear more about your wedding, but that means not just promoting the vendors you are using- what are your colors? when did you and FI meet? how long have you been together? What type of flowers do you like? Time of year?  There are soo many more things to talk about than just the vendors.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As md said, I'm really not trying to be mean... it just all seemed a bit fishy to me. From your post on the mansion, and your picture (it was the mansion, but has since changed) you really sounded like a vendor and I was simply stating that vendors are not allowed to post on the boards. I'm sorry if you took my comment to be rude - I did not at all mean it in that way.
  • Options
    kpagspghkpagspgh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to snap back, I just am the only girl in my family and don't have any sisters to get excited about my wedding with. All my friends have moved away from Pittsburgh (if you can believe that!) so I am really just planning this on my own, and it is really tough planning a wedding on my own. The reason I was so excited about The Mansion was because they have a group of vendors they use  that is really helpig me out with the planning, and so far everything is going great. I haven't really done to much else planning as far as the details go and was hoping to get some support and good ideas here on the knot, I guess I am just new to how this goes since I've never planned a wedding or been around someone who is, and got a little too excited.

I met my fiance (FI?) in high school. We dated on and off through college, which was really difficult, but we came out alive and we are finally settling down and living together here in Pgh. We couldn't be happier.

I picked my colors brown and teal, but I don't want it to look like Tiffany's threw up on my wedding, so I am a litle nervous but I just love how they go together.

Other than that I am meeting with Designspace (my florist in January) and hopefully will get some good ideas about flowers. Not sure what I am looking for. It is a fall wedding though so I hope they will have better ideas than myself.
  • Options
    kpagspghkpagspgh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How do put pictures underneath everything you post?
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a link to the Pgh Knottie website's 'How-To's' page... you can find step by step instructions there:

http://pghknottie.weebly.com/how-tos.html

• Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I pegged you as a vendor too when I first read your post. 

We understand you're excited and everything, but just chill. If we didn't love hearing about other people's weddings and ideas and vendors, we wouldn't be here. No one (especially G) here is downright mean. We're honest. If we think something is a bad idea or sounds fishy, we'll tell you. Personally, if I have some idea that I think is the.best.idea.ever. but no one else does, I'd want to know.

Don't run away from this board or TK. I'm sure everyone excited to see how everything works out for you and how your plans go. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards