North Carolina
Options

Outdoor Venues in Greensboro

Hi everyone!! My FI and I are getting married May 12, 2012 and we have been bouncing from state to state on where to get married. I am from VA, he's from Durham and we met in Greensboro while I was a student at A&T. We lived there together for about 6 months before the move to IL. Now we are talking about getting married in Greensboro because we met there and had so many great times there. We miss it so much and talk about the beautiful city all the time. Anyways, does anyone know of any inexpensive outdoor venues in the area. I would like to find a few so we can go see them this spring while I'm on Spring Break. Thanks so much and I hope to get to know you all on this board
Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Outdoor Venues in Greensboro

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Center City Park and the Arboretum are pretty cheap for the ceremonies. 

Kress Terrace is a roof top venue but they're a little pricey. 

We're having an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at Bur-Mil park for about $1,500 on May 19, 2012.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the info!!!
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also try Bryan Park and Magnolia Manor--Magnolia has a gorgeous tree that you can have the ceremony in front of, and then you can have the reception either out in the same area or inside in their ballroom, although it might not be as inexpensive as you are looking for. 

I have seen weddings at Bicentiennial and Center City, and while they can be nice, I would make sure you are okay with random members of the public walking by and stopping and staring, and the fact that since it is in public, if anyone decides to be obnoxious and loud, there is little you can do about it.  If you are a laid back person and this wouldn't bother you, then it could be great though!
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married at the Kress terrace and it was wonderful! She did it on a friday night so it was cheaper.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards