Ohio-Columbus

Favorites Poll

So I've lived in Columbus my entire life, but I know there's more to the city then I've experienced.

What are your favortie things to do in Columbus?

What is your favorite outdoor area?

Favorite pizza place?

Favorite nice restaurant?

Favorite mom and pop, well kept secret place to eat?

Best Bar?

And GO.  :) 

Re: Favorites Poll

• edited December 2011
    Favorite things in Columbus: Visits to any Jeni's Ice Cream.  Bike rides on the O-tangy trail.
    Favorite Outdoor area: Park of Roses, or just about any of C-bus's awesome festivals.
    Pizza:  Mama Mimi's and Pizza House
    Favorite nice restaurant:   Vino Vino (It's nice, but not tooo nice, so I can still feel comfortable while drinking some amazing wines :)
    Favorite Mom n' Pop: ooo so many: Betty's, Starliner Diner, The Pita Hut, Villanova (not the best italian you'll ever have, but good mom n' pop comfort food).
    Best Bar: Bob's Bar - It looks like a dive from the outside, but I assure you, it's not.  Best "good" beer selection in town.  For a good margarita though, Ted's Montana grill - amazing - all fresh squeezed citrus.  

• BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are your favortie things to do in Columbus?  Buckeye football games

What is your favorite outdoor area?  I like Highbanks, and walking around the Oval on campus

Favorite pizza place?  Massey's yumm

Favorite nice restaurant?  M

Favorite mom and pop, well kept secret place to eat?  Liberty Tavern or Rusty Bucket

Best Bar?  Flannigans for days I am too lazy to go downtown.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi stacks!

See movies at the Wex and eat at a lot of restaurants, Comfest 

My backyard!  And patios of bars :)  As you can tell I am not very outdoorsy

Favorite pizza place?
    Mellow Mushroom in Polaris, and Bono in Grandview

Mezzo (Gahanna), Deepwood (Short North)

Thai Grille in Westerville

Best Bar?
    The Hey Hey in German Village - total dive, but I love it
    Blazer's in the Short North, for lesbian karaoke (I'm weird)
    Tip Top downtown for happy hour
  • OSUellejayOSUellejay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OSU football games, Comfest & various outdoor festivals...basically anything that's motivating enough to get us off the couch ;)

Park of Roses?  That's where we took our e-pics and the roses were all in bloom...it was really beautiful.  We're not really outdoorsy people.

Favorite pizza place?
    Adriatico's on campus for thick crust, Gatto's & Dante's in Clintonville for thin crust, and we just recently tried Z Pizza in the Short North which was really, really good (NY-style).

Italian - Moretti's on Sawmill
    Japanese - Akai Hana
    Chinese - Sunflower

O'Reilly's has the best bar food in town & possibly the best burger as well.  

Best Bar?
    O'Reilly's again...total dive bar (it looks like a double-wide), but we love it!  For something a little more upscale, Press Grill is great too.  Very friendly bartenders and yummy food..  You can't beat a place with a Thanksgiving dinner special every Thursday and a NY Strip dinner for $10 on Sundays.  Their wings are amazing too.  Can you tell we like to eat?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh, good post!! :)

What are your favortie things to do in Columbus? Take our dog to the various dog parks, Crawl for Cancer, Buckeye football games (and tailgating), Ohio State Fair (although my FI would not agree with this as a 'favorite'), high school football game (can't resist catching one game at the alma mater...), Gallery Hop, Mud Volleyball tournament for the Epilepsy Foundation in Grove City, Restaurant Week (coming up the week of July 12th!), Zoo lights at Christmas time, Zoombezi Bay...I could go on for a while, I think we have a great city here :)

What is your favorite outdoor area? Whetstone Park of Roses or Goodale Park

Favorite pizza place? Adriaticos, definitely!

Favorite nice restaurant? Eddie Merlot's at Polaris

Favorite mom and pop, well kept secret place to eat? Creekside Cafe in Gahanna, Banana Bean Cafe (don't know if it's mom and pop per se...)

Best Bar? Bob's Bar, Rick's Coaches in Gahanna (great pizza and Logsdon on Wednesdays), Callahans (where our wedding after party is!), Bean Cafe again (great drink specials), and I love the margaritas at Mad Mex
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Such a good post, I love reading all the responses :)

• edited December 2011

hiking at metro parks, buckeye sports, Blue Jacket Hockey

Sharon Woods Metro Park

Favorite pizza place?

Hound Dogs on High Street

Brio at Easton

I agree with the Rusty Bucket vote

Best Bar?

I can't rememver the name, but it was a little place in Powell off of Hard Road.
  • Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've only lived here for 5 years so I have LOTS to still do but here are my answers :)

What are your favortie things to do in Columbus? Go boating out by Hoover Dam, and really since I haven't been lots of places I love that I can wake up on a Saturday and just pick something to do (Museum, COSI, the Zoo, Innis Woods, etc.)

What is your favorite outdoor area? Innis Woods

Favorite pizza place? Honestly, I just really like Marcos.

Favorite nice restaurant? Bel Lago

Favorite mom and pop, well kept secret place to eat? Carfagnas on Polaris Pkwy.

Best Bar? I'm partial because I have a friend who bartends there, but I love McFlips
  • edited December 2011
    What are your favortie things to do in Columbus? Try out new bars and restaurants, wander around the Short North/Goodale Park, go running outside, go to Jeni's Ice Cream, tailgate for OSU games, go to Clippers games.

What is your favorite outdoor area? Definitely Goodale Park, as well as my neighborhood in Grandview

Favorite pizza place? Grandad's, Dewey's, Donato's

Favorite nice restaurant? Lemongrass! And also Marcella's, Spagio and Trattoria di Roma.

Favorite mom and pop, well kept secret place to eat? Hmmm...Marshall's in Grandview Heights has a great happy hour and awesome Sunday brunch. Also love Betty's in the Short North.

Best Bar? Depending on my mood, I'd say Brazenhead, Short North Tavern, Bodega, Park Street Patio and Novak's.
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards