Wedding Etiquette Forum

Howdy folks! It's night time!

Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!

• In Response to Re:Howdy folks! It's night time!:[QUOTE]Omg its making me so anxious. I really only care because I know he was about to deposit this cash and I don't think he knows the cash rule for ATMs. I don't want it to tie up our account with a hold for potential fraud. Fuckaduck. Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    I haven't made it all the way through yet...so this might have been answered....but what is the cash rule for ATMs? Is it specific to your bank?
    Will you educate me?
  • I wish I could catch more kitten cuteness on camera.  I have a million pictures of them sleeping.  Little boy cat likes to have his legs stretched out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:e02c040c-a105-4fcd-8f1f-724eef7e469a">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't put cash into the ATM either. At my bank, you put it in an envelope and then type in the amount that was in the envelope... I feel like a bank employee could easily take some of the cash out and claim you entered the wrong amount or something. I'll deposit checks in there, but I deposit my cash face to face.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>You'll never do anything with ATM stuff alone, or at least we don't here. Everything that isn't direct customer contact has to be done under dual control. So unless you're really unlucky and happen to get two dishonest employees at the same time... =D</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Thank the Lord above, I finally got him to call back and he hadn't done it yet. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:a867871d-0690-4b72-a4cd-330c258c5cef">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howdy folks! It's night time! : You'll never do anything with ATM stuff alone, or at least we don't here. Everything that isn't direct customer contact has to be done under dual control. So unless you're really unlucky and happen to get two dishonest employees at the same time... =D
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I still probably won't do it, but if I ever need to in a pinch, I'll feel better about it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sara:

Apparently my parents are pissed about it. But you know what? I did it for me. And I'm an adult, so, ya know, eff off.
  • Crash -- Cash is untraceable in the ATM because there is not a way for the bank to prove which acct it goes to. Also, many of our ATMs are not serviced directly by branch staff (since there are ATMS all over that aren't by a bank branch itself) so that is an issue too. 
  • Oh, Jill.  I love it.
  • Jill, that looks so good! I love it.
  • Jill, they'll get over it. You said it was an irresponsible decision. Are you regretting it? And, um, did you get any mail from me? I saw you saying stuff on that other site, so I wanted to make sure it got there. I sent it the day you told everyone.

MuSu, that is the cutest thing I've seen all day. Please give both of them some pets from me.
  • Jill, I like that. Very pretty and tasteful. Your parents will get over it.
  • I'll do that, Special. ;) Willow is doing so much better. We took her bandages off and they are starting to heal up enough so there isn't any tender skin that is red. 
  • In Response to Re:Howdy folks! It's night time!:[QUOTE]Crash Cash is untraceable in the ATM because there is not a way for the bank to prove which acct it goes to. Also, many of our ATMs are not serviced directly by branch staff since there are ATMS all over that aren't by a bank branch itself so that is an issue too.nbsp; Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    Weird. I usually just go through the autobank now. It's easier than the ATM and I'm too lazy to get out and go in.
    I was actually about to update since I went back and finished the rest. :
    All of y'alls dinner plans are making me super hungry. I should have had a snack before I left the house.
  • Poor Willow.  Glad she's healing up.
  • Special, not at all. It was more of a being snarky at myself thing. I love it; it's exactly what I wanted. I can just hear my mom telling me how irresponsible and unprofessional it looks. Undecided

And yes, I got it! I've tried to be good about acknowledging, sorry that I missed you! <3
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm hungry too. I am so freaking lazy today it's not even funny. I need to make some taco salad and relax. 
  • I worked in a bank in college, and a few times I drove around the city servicing our ATM's and refilling and stuff.  We took locked cannisters from the bank with the new $$ in them and swapped them out with locked cannisters in the ATMs.  Deposits were in another locked cannister.  There was always 2 of us, and we couldn't open the locked cannisters until we were back at the bank and then we reconciled everything together.  ALWAYS with two of us.
  • I'm glad you were cool with the cards, Jill. I was hoping you wouldn't think it was creepy that we all suddenly had your address, lol. But I think your H was the one that gave it, so I guess you could've been pissed at him haha. 

• Yeah, dual control is a big fucking deal at banks. And if it isn't, I really would not want to bank there. 
  • Not at all. They were very sweet and very much appreciated. He was good at keeping it a secret too!
  • I'm hungry... and I don't want to eat anything.  Actually the only thing I want to eat is the Pilsbury Grands biscuits that are in my fridge.. but I don't particularly want to eat anything WITH them... (although, I do want to cook them first - LOL).  But that's totally not healthy for Fruit Loop.
  • Good I'm glad he did. :) We have an awesome community of gals around here. 
  • In Response to Re:Howdy folks! It's night time!:[QUOTE]I'm hungry too. I am so freaking lazy today it's not even funny. I need to make some taco salad and relax.nbsp; Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]
    I just hit H up for a dollar and got some popcorn at the concession stand.
    They burnt it, but I don't even care.
  • I've never deposit into an ATM because I don't trust it. Thankfully, my sister works at my bank, so if I know that I won't be able to make it to the bank, I just send it with her.
  • I want pizza so fvcking bad, but I'm trying to convince myself that it's entirely psychological and I can withstand the craving. Plus, H promised me a cheat dinner Saturday.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:db0b9df2-a581-4d82-ae10-92a7c48f9e6e">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good I'm glad he did. :) We have an awesome community of gals around here. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

That we do. I mentioned to H that it's amazing that a group of women, most of whom I've never "met" have managed to be more supportive than some of our own family.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:a83e2ad3-3954-44bc-894f-37e06794261d">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Special, not at all. It was more of a being snarky at myself thing. I love it; it's exactly what I wanted. I can just hear my mom telling me how irresponsible and unprofessional it looks. And yes, I got it! I've tried to be good about acknowledging, sorry that I missed you! <3
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]

<div>Good! I had the mail carrier pick it up, rather than dropping it off at the PO. She's not the most reliable, and she's missed things before.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think your mom will get used to it. The placement may be kind of weird for work, but you'll figure it out. I don't know if she could tell you what she'd do in a similar situation.</div><div>
    </div><div>Does your H's match?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:226f5103-9168-438c-8ca4-40b77dfe319d">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm hungry... and I don't want to eat anything.  Actually the only thing I want to eat is the Pilsbury Grands biscuits that are in my fridge.. but I don't particularly want to eat anything WITH them... (although, I do want to cook them first - LOL).  But that's totally not healthy for Fruit Loop.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You are much stronger than me. I have a feeling I would use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

</div>
  • I just had a super delicious and totally bad for me dinner. Yay fried food!

Jill, your tattoo is amazing. Are you a big Florence and the Machine fan? FI and I went to see her in April and it was a blast.
  • Loopy, it's okay to give in to cravings from time to time. Fruit Loop will be happy and healthy. :)

Just make sure you aren't craving crystal meth or vodka. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards