Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Armpit waxing

Yes, the thought makes me cringe too. I've never done it, but when I shave my armpits I usually end up with 5:00 shadow. How long does the hair have to be? How soon before the wedding should I do it? how long does it last?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Armpit waxing

• The hair needs to be at least a quarter of an inch long to a half an inch long. Depending on how fast your hair grows it could only take a few days of growth. It'll last about 2 weeks. Do it 2-3 days before your wedding. This gives them time to calm down and for the redness to diminish. It's a SUPER fast service and truely doesn't hurt all that bad. The aftermath sort of feels like sunburn and you can actually treat it like a sunburn. Put aloe on it to cool it, ice if you are very uncomfortable (which shouldn't happen) and I take ibuprofen after I get waxed because it reduces swelling.
  • Thanks for the tips! It sounds like the same tips that I got before I started epilating my legs. I would try my armpits with my epilater, but you need to pull the skin taught so that it doesn't pinch, and I can't do that at the same time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Waxing will be so much faster, you'll be hooked! I am a waxer at a spa and I think you'll be surprised how quick it is. I hope everything goes smooth for you! Good Luck!
  • Just got mine waxed a couple weeks ago! Honestly, they recommend that you wait 2-3 weeks before having your pits waxed for the first time so that the wax can really grip onto your hair. It hardly hurt and was a very quick process.
  • I have had mine done several times (just got it done this morning too).  I find that it is a lot less painful and easiest to accomplish when I've grown the hair for at least 2 weeks.  It's so hard to grow it for that long - drives me nuts.  But it is well worth it in the end.  My redness usually goes away within an hour or two.
  • I just waxed my armpits for the first time but I don't think I let the hair grow long enough and it only lasted about 4 days before I wanted to shave again. I would try it before your wedding to decide if you like it and how long before to have it done
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards