Wedding Reception Forum

HELP!! i need some cheap diy centerpiece ideas....

ok so the wedding is in less than 4 months and I have yet to come up with a smaller centerpiece.

We are doing the tall vases with the ostrich feathers on every other table now I have to come up with something smaller for the other tables.

our colors are red,white, and black and the theme is a 40's/50's style

I was thinking somethins I can drape pearls on and I love roses but I cannot seem to find them cheap enough to do a kissing ball with them.

I am wanting something more unique

any other flower suggestions or any ideas in general would be awesome!

if you know of some sites that sell some cheap stuff I could use please leave a link so I can check it out.

Thanks in advance..I know asking other brides is the best way to get great ideas

Abby

3-16-2012

Re: HELP!! i need some cheap diy centerpiece ideas....

• I like the wine glass idea but I'd want to be sure that feathers were incorporated in the corsage size arrangement to continue the theme.

I'd take advantage of the Christmas clearances - you could take a large clear glass bulb (they have them in different shapes) and hang them from a black or silver ornament stand (or do several different sizes from a pretty necklace stand at different lengths) in the center of the table and put just a little water (not too much because of the weight) and a single red rose blossom in it - take white fluffy feathers and hot glue wrapped around the top of the glass bulb. Simple, inexpensive, different and it'll tie into your feathers on the other tables - - or just put a white fluffy feather in the bulb itself and wrap a length of red or black ribbon (I personally wouldn't do a bow just overlap and hot glue) around the top. You want them to sparkle, water down some irridescent glitter glue and paint on the bulbs!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards