New Jersey

S/O: Length of first dance song?

Our DJ gives us the option to have 1/2, 3/4, or the entire song played during our first dance.  He'll obviously adjust whatever timing we select so that the song isn't cut off/faded out at an awkward point, but how long would you say is good enough?

Our entire song is a good 5 minutes or so (WAAAAYYY too long for us to be out there dancing), so should we cut it to 1/2 or 3/4?   I'm thinking we should just stop it at the halfway point, but I'd like to know your thoughts.

Note: We don't want to invite our guests onto the dance floor to join us... we'd prefer that it just be "us" time.

This is the song in case anyone feels like listening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKusjhmJw70
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: S/O: Length of first dance song?

• kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd do 1/2 of the way. That's about the time we had our bp come out to join us, which I know you're not planning to do, but that should be a good time to stop.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Peaches. I asked a similar question a few posts below yours and I was thinking that my song which is 2:27 long was too short but everyone seems to think it's exactly how long it should be so my vote is 1/2 as well
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since the dance is so long i would do half.  We are doing 3/4 but we are inviting up all the guests about half way through
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're not going to invite people to dance with you, then I'd do 1/2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards