Favors
Options

Chocolate covered strawberries for favors?

The night we got engaged we went to dinner at the Melting Pot and our server brought us out these cute strawberries on a plate with congratulations written in chocolate, so I'm thinking about doing these for favors.  Has anyone else done this?  If so, how were they received?  Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chocolate covered strawberries for favors?

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    They might get a little costly, but who doesn't love chocolate and strawberries?   In our area, we have several local bakeries and confectionaries that make them look like "brides and grooms".......

http://www.google.com/search?q=bride+and+groom+chocolate+covered+strawberries&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=GPH&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=I1DITr-AK-PU2AWMyr3dDw&ved=0CHIQsAQ&biw=1156&bih=498

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing chocolate covered strawberries too!  Nothing super fancy like those cute little brides and grooms - we will not have enough time to devote to them.  We decided to buy bulk melting chocolate and will be getting our strawberries from Costco.  Our colors are red, black and white so it will tie in nicely.  I'm just not sure when to do them do they don't get soggy and gooshy.  Our reception venue will refrigerate them for us and even place them at each guest's seat.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I would be the guest stalking the tables while everyone is dancing so I could swipe those.  I would LOVE getting that for a favor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They sound delicious. I would be just as happy to get a small box with the strawberries in it, if you want to save the money and not go as fancy with having them made into a bride and groom.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_chocolate-covered-strawberries-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:318a5061-3aac-4a1f-bc37-25471ca38869Post:8959c3b5-ba0a-4d26-bd85-e9fd370d5bf0">Re: Chocolate covered strawberries for favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing chocolate covered strawberries too!  Nothing super fancy like those cute little brides and grooms - we will not have enough time to devote to them.  We decided to buy bulk melting chocolate and will be getting our strawberries from Costco.  Our colors are red, black and white so it will tie in nicely.  I'm just not sure when to do them do they don't get soggy and gooshy.  Our reception venue will refrigerate them for us and even place them at each guest's seat.
    Posted by lnsy613[/QUOTE]
    I would not make them more than a day before the wedding, if you're making them yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards