Rhode Island
Options

Rehearsal dinner ideas for Newport

To all the Newport brides and grooms (I may be the only groom on here, ha ha!)...

Where did you all have your rehearsal dinner?

I was thinking it may be fun to do a dinner cruise but the prices are outrageous!  Was just curious what others did.  Ideally we were looking for something fun that showcased Newport but it doesn't have to be.

Thank you as always Laughing!

Re: Rehearsal dinner ideas for Newport

• Options
    We are getting married in Newport and having the rehearsal dinner in Providence.  Newport's restaurants are just so over-priced and the food really isn't anything great.  I have had much better meals in Providence and Boston.  I would check out Providence, it is less expensive and there are some amazing restaurants.
  • Options
    We too will be having a rehearsal dinner in Newport, site yet to be determined. For us, Providence will be too far for our guests/bridal party to travel. They will alreadybe  traveling over 3 hours to get to Newport, so keeping it local is a requirement fro us.

Yes, the dinner cruises are crazy expensive, so that is out for us as well. I know a lot of people recommend Sardella's in Newport for their dinner, but we ate there recently and were very disappointed, so that's out as well. We will probably be checking local restaurants and hotels to see what they offer for that type of event. We also heard that The Regatta Place is good, but don't know the pricing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Sardella's in Newport. The food there is so good! I can't wait to go back next time we are in Newport again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think we are going to have it at Brick Alley Pub.  Nice place, not the nicest in Newport but it has meaning for us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Umm - so we are thinking of having a pizza party as our rehersal dinner!  I did a little googling and Aquidneck Pizza has a room/area for parties plus a party menu!  I know that it is super casual - but I kind of like that its going to be relaxed and fun before the big formal dinner the next day!
  • Options
    I've lived in Newport my whole life and loooove Sardella's! Totally recommend it!
    We did our rehearsal dinner at the Atlantic Beach Club. They're really reasonable and are literally on the beach!
    For dinner cruises, did you check out the Majestic Boat? It's a huge power boat that you can charter for dinner cruises. I had looked at them and think it was around $40/person. Also check out the Newport Dinner Train! It leaves from downtown Newport and travels the whole length of the island and back again. Food is average, but then again, you aren't there for the food. It's a lot of fun!
    Also scope out Busker's Irish Pub. You can rent out the entire top floor for private functions. If you're looking for casual it's great!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    Your options are really limitless when it comes to great restaurants in the Newport area. I personally have had horrfic service at Sardella's on several occasions, so I cannot recommend them. Brick Alley is great, but so is the Red Parrot, if you're looking for something fun. 22 Bowen's has a beautiful upstairs room that's on the pricey side, but iif you're looking for historic ambiance, the White Horse Tavern is the best spot in town (albeit quite expensive). A clambake might also be a great casual idea-- check out Kempenar's in Middletown. Good luck!
  • Options
    We had ours at Busker's and it was great.  The atmosphere is casual but you get the upstairs room to yourself (for no fee) and the food prices are reasonable (for Newport).  I was actually surprised at how good the food was.  I had the salmon salad and it was awesome and much better than other more expensive restaurants in Newport.  We had other out of towners meet up with us afterwards for drinks and it was a perfect spot for everyone to go to a bar and have it all to yourselves.
  • Options

Hello ~

I'm planning a rehearsal dinner for my upcoming wedding this summer.  Our ceremony is taking place at the Watch Hill Chapel and Wedding reception to follow at the Ocean House in Watch Hill, RI.  The cost of a rehearsal dinner at the Ocean House is a bit costly.  Does anyone have any recomendations of where I could have my rehearsal dinner?  We wanted to plan on a clam bake style dinner with a group of 30 people or less at a classy restaurant but we are open to any ideas or recomendations.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards