Nebraska-Omaha

Budget Wedding Location

HELP! Everywhere I call has crazy prices. We are having a small wedding under 100 guests & need somewhere to have our reception. Any ideas for anywhere in Omaha/Council Bluffs Area will do. I need a place that I can cater myself, I just need the space, tables, & chairs.

Re: Budget Wedding Location

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about your price but Scottish Rite is absolutely beautiful. We attended a wedding there a year and a half ago and the couple was able to bring in their own caterers and bar/alcohol. They are right off 20th and Dodge in Omaha. A View West  off 156th and Maple is a really pretty place, too, but again, I'm not sure on the price you'd be willing to spend. Good luck :-)
  • mandorkmandork member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am booking Scottish Rite for my 2013 wedding. It IS so beautiful and I love how much I'll be saving on food and alcohol, but it is $2000 to rent, not including linens, security, etc. I definitely had to re-budget a few things in order to afford this place, but I can't imagine having it anywhere else now!

If you're looking for cheaper option, my cousin had her reception at Legacy Hall. Her wedding was small and SUPER budgetted, but it was a nice place. Also, I have heard that Royal View Hall allows self-catering. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • stinabean30stinabean30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am trying to rent a hall for uner $750, have not found anything yet...

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked into VFW or Legion Halls? They are usually reasonable, just need more decorating.
  • I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but I did mine at the ackerhurst dairy barn. The rental is $800 for space, tables and chairs and you bring in your own food and alcohol.
  • You may also want to try the Regency Park and Tennis. It's very beautiful and inexpensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omaha Parks and Rec (any location) is super affordable: http://www.ci.omaha.ne.us/parks/rentals/pavilions. I'm thinking of doing that and then just renting the linens and other items I need but will see how it works out. Otherwise, I would recommend just doing it in the basement of the church if you're doing a church wedding!
  • Not sure about them yet, but Bayliss Park Hall in CB has $450 for a reception on their website. Again, haven't called, but I hope it works out for you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_budget-wedding-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:901e5c87-9333-460e-9cd4-ca959280aab0Post:51526aee-e33e-49a6-a09c-0ed846001e94">Re: Budget Wedding Location</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am trying to rent a hall for uner $750, have not found anything yet...
    Posted by stinabean30[/QUOTE]
    My name is Stephanie ... If you have not yet booked a Reception Hall, I represent a GEM that you might not even know about. We are approximately 1/2 way between Omaha and Lincoln, just a minute or two off the interstate. Our Reception Hall seats 450 Banquet Style. We have a full bar right inside the Hall for your guests. You can make it a cash bar, or WHATEVER you prefer (You will not be able to provide your own alcohol... it would be sold from our bar to your guests (or a tab would be run for you if you prefer an open bar scenario) . For an extremely reasonable rental fee of only $800, we provide the banquet tables, chairs, linens (your choice of black or white), soft drinks (including soda, lemonade, iced tea, coffee) , and 2 bartenders (our bartenders work for tips) for the night. We will set up the tables and chairs to your specifications AND we will do the clean-up at the end of the night. You can bring in your own caterer (your caterer would need to provide us with a 20% gratuity, based on their bill to you) or we have a couple of GREAT caterers that would LOVE to provide you with a quote. The decorating would be your responsibility. I realize this is very INFORMAL and limited information, but if you would like to learn more (or you would like to see our facility) , you can message me here. Also, if you have friends or family planning a wedding in the Omaha/Lincoln area, we do offer a $100 cash referral bonus if they book with us and let us know that you referred them. Thank You and we wish you Marital Bliss
  • I am interested in the location you mentioned.  Can you give me more specifics?
    Susan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards