Attire & Accessories Forum

Dyeing an Alfred Angelo?

Yeah, valid question. I've totally fallen in love with the Alfred Angelo Disney 206 (Belle)- it's off the shoulder, a ball gown.. My dream dress. The only problem is that it's white, and I've always dreamed of a red wedding dress. I would never do it at home.. but would anyone even try? Would it even work with the material?

Re: Dyeing an Alfred Angelo?

• I would not try it.  Your home washer would not have the room to dye something that has that much fabric it would need to be submerged all at one time.   They have very similar dresses in prom dress styles and they come in red too.
  • You cant just dye any material. It has to be dyeable material, and this I imagine would be a mess,even if you dont it yourself. I think your better off looking at red wedding dresses or as PP said look at prom dresses. Good luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • there are a couple places that specialize in dying wedding gowns, but it REALLY depends on the fabric.  And it isn't cheap.  In the $300-400 range, I think.  I would look into red wedding gowns... and those are gonna cost ya.  You might try looking at a quincenera dress.
  • Prom dress?

• Like others have said, you probably won't be able to dye just any dress.

Try prom dresses
  • I wouldn't try!  As mentioned, some fabrics just don't take dye.... and if you have multiple types of fabrics on your gown it'll be one mess (not to mention it's really tough to dye red.  I've heard too many horror stories of people trying to dye crinolines and ending up with a wierd shade of pink). 
    Can you get someone to custom sew a dress similar to the dress you chose buy in red fabric?

84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Thank you so much for the answers. I hadn't realized the dress was polyester. I'll try my luck with quince / prom dresses. Thank you, CMGr, for mentioning Vera's new dresses- they're gorgeous, and in the perfect shade. 

Retreated- I dislike how white looks on me, so I'm trying to skip the whole white dress idea all together.

Vexie- I may go ahead and get some price estimates for a custom one, I'm just worried it'll be insanely expensive. (Like, twice as much.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards