Michigan-Detroit

help! e-pics, what to wear?

We are having our engagement pictures this Friday, and for whatever reason it just occured to me today to start figuring out what we are going to wear.  Now I'm freaking out about it.  Jeans?  Khakis?  A dress?  What did you wear, and how did you decide?

If it helps, we will be in Grand Haven, and it's supposed to be 70 and partly cloudy...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: help! e-pics, what to wear?

• edited December 2011
    Wear whatever you want! We took pics downtown Detroit and I wore a black knee length flowy skirt, a green top and some hot strappy heels. FI wore khaki and a black polo shirt. Nothing crazy.
  • jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should wear whatever reflects your personality - do you usually dress up or are you more casual?

I wore capris in some and jeans in others because that is what I usually wear. I'm not that big into dressing up.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought some cute spring dress' from Old Navy that I plan on wearing if it's warm enough.  If not, I'll probably just do jeans and a cute top with some awesome heels.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Lakerchic7272Lakerchic7272 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore clothes that i felt comfortable and cute in and that I wouldn;t look back saying "What in the high heavens was I wearing?" Take a look at my bio. All of our favorite pictures are in there.  The harder part was finding semi coordinating outfits. IRemember that its you that you want to stand out not the clothes. if he was wearing plaid then I was in a solid or visa versa.  Talk to your photog about this also.  They might have some suggestions.
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!  I had asked our photographer and she just said to stay away from plaids, stripes and tiny prints....I think I just realized it was coming all the sudden and I panicked.  We are a little more laid back, so it'll likely be jeans and maybe an extra sundress for me depending on what I can find to coordinate in our closets.  :)

And random for Sara, I looked at your pictures...My parents went to Lake State!  They took me to my first Laker's hockey game when I was 6, and my mom is still wearing my old jersey.  The pictures on the ice are so cool! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wear what you would normally wear... we both wore outfits that we would normally wear out... we had casual outfits as well as dressier (button down for H, what he normally wears on a night out).
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, I picked out shirts for Brian (that I really liked on him), then I semi-coordinated my outfits...i.e. if he was wearing a bright green polo, I had on a navy blue shirt & bright green tank.  It was fun. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lakerchic7272Lakerchic7272 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cristinald: That is freeking awesome.  I love Lake State (most days, but not tonight because im drowning in homework)  And the ice thing was my FI's idea. He loved the way they turned out too!
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards