Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad

I hate the paranoia over there.  I feel guilty every time I go on the boards and read everyone going on about "I don't eat deli meat, and I only drink water and I do yoga every day for 1 hour."

Seriously, people are crazy and annoying.  I don't know how I'm ever going to have mom friends.  I probably won't. 

ok LJ rant over.

Also?  I wish I had something non-baby related to talk about.  But I don't. 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad

• Options
    I just hang out on the Baby Names board and make fun of the people naming their kids Madysen, or the girl who wants to name her daughter Leia to go with their son Luke.
  • Options
    Ohhh god the baby name board.  I get a headache over there.  The bad names!

Speaking of which, a friend of a FB friend named her baby "Lillyahna" recently.  Blech.
  • Options
    I stayed away from the internet my entire pregnancy because of women like that.  You're like "oh, I had mashed potatoes" and they're like "Really?  Weird, I don't do that because I love my unborn baby, but whatever." 

Want to talk about work?  TV?  Movies?  What are you reading?  I need a new book.  I keep rereading books I already own because I'm afraid of making a commitment to a new book and being let down. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gaaaah-bump-sucks-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee1ce4eb-d136-4ae1-9123-9df8abfaa334Post:4d1f19c2-7e85-4195-9b56-3a5b70153c52">Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate the paranoia over there.  I feel guilty every time I go on the boards and read everyone going on about "I don't eat deli meat, and I only drink water and I do yoga every day for 1 hour." Seriously, people are crazy and annoying.  I don't know how I'm ever going to have mom friends.  I probably won't.  ok LJ rant over. Also?  I wish I had something non-baby related to talk about.  But I don't. 
    Posted by RobotLegs[/QUOTE]

<div>Luckily most actual moms aren't Bumpies lol.  Most of mine are even Girl Scout and PTO moms, and they are almost all perfectly sensible, normal people.  There is hope :)</div>
  • Options
    I've been venturing over to TN too, and just am not really a fan.  I only really go to the military nesties board, but still, it's just not the same.  And I just feel like such an outcasted newb.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My friend went over there a few weeks before she had her son.  I made her stop because all she was reading was the delivery horror stories and how people tore so badly they needed reconstructive surgery....

Her delivery went smoothly, but she was freaking herself out for no reason. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    And Liliana is such a lovely name--why mess it up?

I like that the ladies on the board tend to also hate these trendy names, esp. anything ending in -aden/-ayden.
  • Options
    just stay on these boards :) the current brides appreciate your experience :)
    dont pay attention to thoes crazy stroller-walking in a giant group at noon on a wednesday group! :P tehehehe
  • Options
    I'm reading Clan of the Cave Bear right now.  I figure it's really long and there are several books, so... um... I'm not sure why that's relevant, but for some reason it sounded like a good idea.

It's really long.  Like really really long.
  • Options
    I tried to go to the nest this week.  I lasted like 5 minutes.  The part where you see all the views and then like no posts creeps me out. 

Speaking of baby names.  Mr Stack told me what our next 4 kids names were going to be today.  He's so weird. 
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Mel, you should read The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's one of my favorites. I'm currently reading her more recent book, The Swan Theives, which is also good but not quite as awesome.
  • Options
    firsttimers, I'm jealous that you live in Seattle.  If there was ANY way I could, I'd move there tomorrow.  I love it so much.
  • Options
    I love how my pregnant French friend just told her OB, "I'm going to France next month and I WILL eat my cheese."  The doctor laughed told her it was fine. 

We're too alarmist here.  Don't smoke, try not to drink a lot and don't eat any obviously rotting meat/fish/etc.
  • Options
    How many babies are you having Stacks??  Better get to work ;)
  • Options
    I don't know how many Mr Stack is having, but I'm having one more (2 maybe, but that's a stretch).  He better find someone else to pop the other ones out. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gaaaah-bump-sucks-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee1ce4eb-d136-4ae1-9123-9df8abfaa334Post:3230c257-04a8-47d1-a558-437efd4594ed">Re: Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried to go to the nest this week.  I lasted like 5 minutes.  <strong>The part where you see all the views and then like no posts creeps me out. </strong> Speaking of baby names.  Mr Stack told me what our next 4 kids names were going to be today.  He's so weird. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Me too. That seems so crazy to me.

So, what are the names??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Mr. Stacks is quite the optimist, isn't he?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gaaaah-bump-sucks-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee1ce4eb-d136-4ae1-9123-9df8abfaa334Post:4bdc1052-5923-41ec-b710-f9245d474ab0">Re: Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love how my pregnant French friend just told her OB, "I'm going to France next month and I WILL eat my cheese."  The doctor laughed told her it was fine.  We're too alarmist here.  Don't smoke, try not to drink a lot and don't eat any obviously rotting meat/fish/etc.
    Posted by Moneypenny424[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel.  And I'm fine with my decisions until I go on the stupid 2nd Tri board and feel like a jerkface who hates my baby.  I kinda eat everything I did before I got pregnant. 
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gaaaah-bump-sucks-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee1ce4eb-d136-4ae1-9123-9df8abfaa334Post:4bdc1052-5923-41ec-b710-f9245d474ab0">Re: Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love how my pregnant French friend just told her OB, "I'm going to France next month and I WILL eat my cheese."  The doctor laughed told her it was fine.  <strong>We're too alarmist here.</strong>  Don't smoke, try not to drink a lot and don't eat any obviously rotting meat/fish/etc.
    Posted by Moneypenny424[/QUOTE]

I agree. Humankind has stuck around tens of thousands of years without people having to follow a million rules and restrictions during pregnancy, I think we'll be fine.
  • Options
    I've read Clan of The Cave Bear and Valley of the Horses...never made it past those two books in the series though.  They are very hard to get through, but fairly entertaining.  Best of luck!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Mel, what kinds of books do you like?  I've recently read A Suitable Boy, Under the Banner of Heaven, and Sister of my Heart (yes, I like India, so I read a lot of books about Indians).

My favorites are basically all 3 of Jhumpa Lahiri's books.  I also love David Sedaris, and Nick Hornby (though I didn't love that Juliet book).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gaaaah-bump-sucks-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee1ce4eb-d136-4ae1-9123-9df8abfaa334Post:ec40864e-ea59-4e38-940f-de9b35dd3a34">Re: Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'<strong>m reading Clan of the Cave Bear right now</strong>.  I figure it's really long and there are several books, so... um... I'm not sure why that's relevant, but for some reason it sounded like a good idea. It's really long.  Like really really long.
    My FMIL LOVES this series.  She has been awaiting the arrival of the next book for a VERRY long time.  I have yet to read it but she's usually a pretty good judge of books I would like so they are on my list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gaaaah-bump-sucks-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee1ce4eb-d136-4ae1-9123-9df8abfaa334Post:1e366f7a-995d-4f0e-bf36-cedba3c4e266">Re: Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad : Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel.  And I'm fine with my decisions until I go on the stupid 2nd Tri board and feel like a jerkface who hates my baby.  I kinda eat everything I did before I got pregnant. 

Yeah, I'd ignore them.  They're the people who already make me feel guilty about maybe not breastfeeding and I'm not even pregnant (or actually TTC...not until the end of the month).
  • Options
    I always liked the posts where they asked if it was okay to eat at The Melting Pot since most of the cooking styles include alcohol.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    I've read all the Earth's Children books (Clan of the Cave Bear series) and they kind of suck and I kind of love them at the same time. They are so tedious and repetitive, and the gratuitous sex scenes are beyond cheesy, but I still find them interesting. They make me want to learn how to hunt and gather my own food and survive in the wilderness.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gaaaah-bump-sucks-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee1ce4eb-d136-4ae1-9123-9df8abfaa334Post:988fa928-569c-4724-89a0-23ecbbd0c675">Re: Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gaaaah the Bump sucks so bad : Me too. That seems so crazy to me. So, what are the names??
    Posted by scottswife1106[/QUOTE]

Trevor (aka tre, cuz he'd be a third)
    Rosie
    Clayton
    Macye - and yes, he spelled it like this b/c of my first name being 'ye'.  I told him we had to veto Macy though b/c it's on the SS admins site as being the biggest slot jumping name of 2010.  Not in the top 10 yet, but moved up the most.  STUPID 16 and PREGNANT.  Bentley was also on the list of biggest gain in popularity but not in the top 10. 
  • Options
    No common sense, seriously.
  • Options
    I am in the market for some good trashy books to read on the beach. I am debating buying myself a kindle but FI's head might explode if I suggest we spend any more money.
  • Options
    Anna, that's how I'm feeling about the book right now.  It's so tedious, but it's a really wonderful story.  I think I'm going to have to take a break between each book and read something light and fun.
  • Options

ROSIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!11111

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards