Christian Weddings

Monday QOTD

How was everyone's weekend? Do anything fun?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday QOTD

• We had a busy weekend.  Friday night we went to a a social for my fiance's work at a local art museum.  Super fun and the art was beautiful.  Saturday night we went on a double date with some friends, got some dinner and saw "Warm Bodies".  I was quite exhausted after all that though, and was unable to go to church or youth group yesterday.

My stamina is still quite low.  My PT exercises take quite a lot out of me.  It was nice to get out of the house though.  I'm saving my energy up this upcoming weekend so I can try to make it to church and surprise our Sunday school class (we teach middle schoolers).  
    Anniversary
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    Well...if you saw my facebook, you know that we're moving back to VA next month and DH is starting seminary in the fall.  DH announced his resignation at church yesterday.  He was pretty stressed this past week in talking to our senior pastor, the youth volunteers, and the two teens he's been personally discipling in the 2 years he's been here.  But yesterday probably went as well as it could have.  {At least, if anyone is HAPPY about us leaving, they haven't said it to our face Undecided}.  It's been a very stressful year, and DH has butted heads with many people in the church, so we're hoping the exit will be smooth.  
  • Sun SO and I went to church, went out with another couple for sushi, relaxed a bit then drove out to his parent's for dinner. 

SO asked me where I would like to live and we talked about what we'd like in an apartment. Then we talked about our future roles/responsibilities. I love to decorate and I've always wanted to restore a historic house and he said I get full reign on where we live, which place, and decorating. He wants to rent for the first year we're married. A small part of me is bummed because rent is a lot higher than a mortgage would be, but I understand that we might not know where God starts directing us once we get married.

We basically went through one of the chapters in "Before you say I Do" which was pretty fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't do anything exciting but that was ok because I needed to relax.  
    Fpaem- I hope your exit is smooth :)  I am glad things went well. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I know it's not Monday any more.... but... Saturday was baptism day!!!! It was so fun, we had 16 (yes, you read that right 16!!) people get baptized on Saturday. It was an amazing experience and I'm so glad I was able to be there to witness it. I'm so happy for each and every one of them.

Sunday was good too - hung out with the girls after church and watched Pitch Perfect (hilarious movie!) and talked and planned some ideas for social gatherings for our young adults group.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:9ddab764-f74c-41ce-87d0-e272c9af935cPost:fc88ffe1-fbd8-41bc-995f-ee61baf9f6aa">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well...if you saw my facebook, you know that we're moving back to VA next month and DH is starting seminary in the fall.  DH announced his resignation at church yesterday.  He was pretty stressed this past week in talking to our senior pastor, the youth volunteers, and the two teens he's been personally discipling in the 2 years he's been here.  But yesterday probably went as well as it could have.  {At least, if anyone is HAPPY about us leaving, they haven't said it to our face  }.  It's been a very stressful year, and DH has butted heads with many people in the church, so we're hoping the exit will be smooth.  
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, that sounds like a rough experience.  Good luck.  Where in VA are you moving to? You can PM me if you're ok with sharing. </div>
    Anniversary
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:9ddab764-f74c-41ce-87d0-e272c9af935cPost:fbbdc04e-fda7-443f-a371-479ce978721a">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday QOTD : Oh, that sounds like a rough experience.  Good luck.  Where in VA are you moving to? You can PM me if you're ok with sharing. 
    Posted by RachelBFMD[/QUOTE]
    Lynchburg.  We both went to Liberty for our undergrad (where we met) and that's where DH is going for seminary. His sister, BIL, and their kids live in town, and it'll be about an hour and a half from my family (Roanoke-ish) and about 4 hours from his parents (western Maryland).  Much better than 20 hours of driving or having to fly.  :)<div>
    </div><div>Except we do have to make the drive out there with the baby.  Oy.  But we are splitting that over three, 6 hour days instead of a day and a half.  :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards