Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Help!! In need of venue ideas.......

My wedding is in exactly a year and a day and I haven't found the right venue yet.  My ideas lean more towards an outsided ceremony so I've looked at the Gatehouse and Ashley Manor.  They were both great but the Gatehouse is kinda small because they only house 100 comfortably (so I've been told).  I sat down and came up with my side of the list and it's already past 100.  If anyone has any ideas on venues in Baton Rouge please give me advice, prices would also be helpful because I don't wanna spend an arm and a leg (hopefully).

Re: Help!! In need of venue ideas.......

• nattiemay14nattiemay14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what your budget is but I'm getting married at White Oak plantation. I'm doing both ceremony and reception there with the ceremony outside. I was in my best friends wedding there last year and it is beautiful!!
  • tgaulden03tgaulden03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen white oak plantation on tv and I haven't had a chance to visit it yet.  My budget is "cheap but chic" (if that's possible).  I've priced Ashley Manor and they're about 9,000 for the ceremony and reception (food included).  Do you know about how much White Oak is and if they include anything other than venue and food?
  • edited December 2011
    I would say stage one...its the same people that won it and it hold more people!!! Thats where I am getting married and it is so georgeous!!!!!
  • micah856micah856 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Nottoway Plantation...they have been AMAZING to work with, and the place it to die for!
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Lake House. It's in the same part of town as Ashley Manor. It's right down the road. I'm having my wedding there in May of 2011. It's really pretty and not as expensive as White Oak or Nottoway. Their food prices start at $25 (plus tax and gratuity). Email them and ask for a price list. Lakehousereceptioncenter.net
  • nattiemay14nattiemay14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

White Oak starts at $25 per person not including the bar and goes up to $53 including the bar. The only catch is the $5800 mininum. They include all your tables, chairs and linens but no cake or anything. They also have a coordinator day of to help you. I really chose it because I was looking for a plantation style place for an outdoor wedding. Hope that helps!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wondered about stage one, are they as resonable as the gatehouse as far as price is concerned.  I loved the ceremony cite at the Gatehouse and was wondering if I could do my ceremony there and my recpetion at stage one.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in 6 months at Hemingbough in St. Francisville. Price is comparable to other venues discussed and they will work with you. Beautiful outside area. Its only a short drive from Baton Rouge.
    www.hemingbough.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Try Lake House. It's in the same part of town as Ashley Manor. It's right down the road. I'm having my wedding there in May of 2011. It's really pretty and not as expensive as White Oak or Nottoway. Their food prices start at $25 (plus tax and gratuity). Email them and ask for a price list. Lakehousereceptioncenter.net "

I looked at the Lake House online, it looks pretty.  Have they done you taste-testing yet?  If so how's the food?
  • edited December 2011

My name is Ashley Fontenot i am a Wedding Planner. If you need help please send me a email at afontenot87@yahoo.com i would be happy to help you with anything you might need!

Thank you
    Ashley Fontenot
    Your Perfect Memories
    email: afontenot87@yahoo.com

• edited December 2011
    I am having ceremony and the reception at stage one!!!! I have a 30 min ceremony and a 4 hr reception menu one and unlim drinks and margaritas!!!AT 175 it was 10,000 but also uncludes center peices(there is u want them) and they make ur napkins...they are the only placed i looked bc i feel n love with it!!Good luck
  • tonysfiancetonysfiance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have looked at all of these options and if price and guest list is a problem, here are some options.
    If you are up for a little drive... the victorian of the felicianas.  very pretty, outdoors.. the food is catered by the same people that do Ashley manor's catering.. was in a wedding that the reception was held there and it was very nice. inside and outside seating was available.
    also, hemingbough is beautiful, but being from that area, i can say its not as great as it used to be..
    I think if you really want to stay in BR, ashley  manor remains a good choice. the lake house is gorgeous, yet very small. white oak isnt extremely big, considering how the guest list and the inside option, which always has to be considered when planning an outside wedding.
    the old governor's mansion remains an options, but its courtyard area for outside wedding is small also.
    hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards