Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Daytime Wedding

I am hoping to get some advice...my fiancee and I are thinking about doing a daytime wedding in Spring of 2013. We are not doing it for the obvious reason of saving money (although that is a nice plus) but instead because I love the idea of the casual atmosphere the day brings as well as the natural lighting the sunlight provides. We would still serve food and alcohol it just may be a different type of both as well as we still plan to have a band for dancing. My question is whether this is a good idea. I have been told people will not enjoy themselves as much and feel comfirtable to dance (something i really want) during the daytime as well as people will think that we did it to save money.

I was hoping for some advice...

Re: Daytime Wedding

• Options
    it is your day. i say do it your and your FI way.  have what you want.  if you want dancing then do so.  i cant dance lol so im not sure about the dancing thing lol hahah
  • Options
    I wanted to do a brunch wedding but my fiance preferred evening.  One thing that I like about daytime weddings is they are more relaxed and you can incorporate lawn games to keep guests occupied .  How fun is that?
  • Options
    Consider that when you plan a daytime event on a weekend, you'll have people making plans to do other things after they leave your wedding party. You can set the atmosphere for an evening event to be fun and not stuffy. They might be more reluctant to have a drink in the afternoon, if they have other places to go, don't you think? So I think that an "After-6" wedding would be more fun, especially if dancing is on the menu.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards