Florida-North Florida

Panama City Beach wedding

My fiance and I are planning a Panama City Beach wedding for July of 2013. We live in Oklahoma City so we are doing our best to plan from afar. So far we have looked at Edgewater Resort, Shores of Panama, The Majestic, and Boardwalk. Does anyone have experience with these places? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Panama City Beach wedding

• Hey!  I live in PCB and while I don't have experience with any of those places, I would highly suggest you choose one that is as far away from touristy destinations as possible.  Specifically, the east end of the beach and Pier Park are the tourist hotspots.  Traffic was a nightmare this month, even on Back Beach Rd.  Have you picked a date yet?  If not, consider the two middle weekends.  Things die down a little after 4th of July.  I've heard good things about Edgewater but I haven't heard anything about the others.  

As far as weather, make sure you have an indoor back up plan if you want to get married on the beach.  It's rained pretty much every day this month, usually in the afternoons.  I'm talking yard-drenching downpours :-/  

Let me know if you need any more recommendations :-)  Good luck!!!
  • I hardly ever check the boards anymore, but i'm glad I saw your post.  I got married on April 20th, this year at the Edgewater on the beach, with reception in their conference center.  It was wonderful and affordable.  We looked into a few places before we decided on them - one was Baypoint Marriott (I think they got bought out) and another hotel near spinakers.  I was in the same boat, planning from Colorado, so i know how difficult it can be.  We got my hair done at the salon at Edgewater - it was so beautiful and perfect!  Let me know if you're interested in hearing more about vendors or the Edgewater (I can send pics too).  email me at chickenbut143 at hotmail.com since i don't check this account often!
    Jaimie
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards