Oregon

porta potties?!

We're in the process of looking at venues and there's one I absolutely fell in love with. To my horror, it's also the only place that doesn't offer decent facilities for guests. They offer porta potties. I forgot to ask to see what they look like when I went to tour the venue.

Is it as bad as I think it is?

Have any of you hosted or been to weddings with porta potties? I don't mean the fancy trailer kind. 

Re: porta potties?!

• I've seen a few places that require them, based on the number of guests. Example: The city requires 1 bathroom per certain # of guests, they have 1 bathroom but need 2 for your guest list so they rent one. They aren't on site, they are rented for the occasion, so they are very clean. 1 place paid for the standard ADA rental and if you want to upgrade, you pay extra. I am getting married at a public park and if we have over 125 guests, we need to rent one. Having seen the public bathrooms, I might do it anyway! I really don't want to go the porta potty route but I think it's just the thought of it, rather than the potty itself, so I may need to get over myself, half way through the reception, beer drinkers won't care where they go!
  • I looked at a few outdoor all-day type venues that had porta potties, and eventually decided against it. I just could not bear the idea of sending my mother to use them all afternoon and evening :(

• The owners said that they'd let the squeamish ones come into the house (it's a B&B) to use the facilities.... but who isn't squeamish? :( 

The porta potties are rented just for the wedding day, so they'd be fresh... for a while :( 

also, the owners just offered me a discount, making them the lowest priced for everything they're offering: great view, complimentary lodging for 10, discounted camping for additional guests, breakfast for everyone, beautiful grounds, charming house

and I could really use that discount :(  Every other venue we've looked at that are comparable in location, view, grounds, lodging, etc have cost at least 2k more

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE PORTA POTTIES WHYYYYY YellYell
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards