Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Intimate Venue Help Needed!

I'm trying to find a venue that works with a small wedding (40-50 People) for a Sunday afternoon in May 2013. Ideal would be either Cambridge/Boston or at least close in. Trying to keep the whole wedding under $12,000.
We don't want a hotel ballroom, but something quirky, fun or classic.
Any ideas are welcome. Thanks!

Re: Intimate Venue Help Needed!

• Options
    I was thinking of 4 places...Sky in Norwood...and Scarlett Oak Tavern in Hingham...Alma Nova in Hingham...Bridgeman's in Hull. All have fantastic food and service.
  • Options
    Just thought of 3 more places....Bradly Estate/Canton, Endicott Estate/Dedham, Lyman Estate/Newton. Went to small weddings there and all very nice too.
  • Options
    I went to a small wedding at the Bradley Estate.  It was very well done.
  • Options

I went to a beautiful wedding at the Whittemore Robbins House in Arlington.  It is near the Arlington Cambridge border.  

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-whittemore-robbins-house-arlington
  • Options

The Capital Grille on Boylston does have small rooms available, as well as Mistral in the South End.  Have been looking for something similar myself, so let me know if you find something promising! I don't know pricing for the Capital Grille, but Mistral has packages ranging from about $50-100 per person depending on apps only, entree selections, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    I booked the Codman Estate in Lincoln MA for our wedding in June 2013.  I love the grounds there, and it fits our requirements of being small and quirky (we are having a more casual wedding/reception rather than going super formal), and relatively inexpensive.

I'm still trying to figure out details of catering and such, so I don't know total price, but facility rental  is between I thnk 1200-1800 depending on the day of the week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We booked Pigalle in downtown Boston for 55 people. The owners are super sweet and accomodating, the food is incredible. For $7k we will have cocktail reception with passed appetizers, 4 course dinner, wedding cake, 3-piece band, gratuity and tax included. This also includes open bar all night and even 2 signature cocktails taht we get to design and name! GREAT value, great food, incredible little restaurant loaded with charm! Seriously, check it out! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards