Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon in Riviera Maya Mexico!

Hi,

I was hoping to get any suggestions about the area and good excursions. I'm thinking we'd do just snorkeling or swimming with dolphins type of things, nothing too adventurous!

Any advice about the area is welcome, suggestions yes, but pleasse no negative comments because we've already made the deposit!

Thanks!

Re: Honeymoon in Riviera Maya Mexico!

• You can do tours to visit Tulum, Chichen Itza, Xel-ha (water theme park with ziplining, snorkeling, etc.), secret river tours.  Just visit the concierge at your hotel and they'll be able to tell you what's available.
  • Xel-Ha and Xplor are some pretty nice places. Xel-Ha has snorkling and tubing in a natural inlet, plus you can jump off some cliffs and do a little rope course. Xplor has ziplining, ATV driving and cave swimming and paddling. 

Xel-Ha also has dolphin swimming, but it's focused a lot on taking pictures that they later try to sell to you for a ridiculous amount of money. We actually did a dolphin swim, which was the picture taking, and then a dolphin snorkel, which was a lot more fun because they weren't taking pictures. In the snorkel, the dolphins just swim in and out around you, so you can touch them a bunch. 
  • Where in the Riviera Maya are you staying?
    Anniversary
  • Agreed with PP; which resort are you staying at?  The majority of resorts in RM have excursions available through the resort and staff there to help you set up and will include your transportation.  I would probaby just wait to talk to someone the first day you arrive
  • Your resort should absolutely be able to give options and I would recommend booking thru the resort and not the people along the road or on the beach. If you have the option (and you want to visit ruins) I would suggest Chochoobin over Tulum. Although Tulum is breathtaking in its views, you can actually sit and climb on the ruins in Chocoobin. And don't worry, everyone has something negative to say about Mexico, but I LOVE it! Have a wonderful time and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards