March 2012 Weddings

Sleep aids?

I know we've talked about this before, but who is taking something to help them sleep at night? I had been taking valium but found that I had trouble getting up in the morning.

I recently bought melatonin which is all natural since your body makes it anyway. I definitely like it better than the valium. Even though I still have random wedding thoughts running through my head, I find that I'm much sleepier and I'm not tossing and turning nearly as much. I've always had a hard time falling asleep and I'll be really glad when the wedding is finally over and I can get back to a normal schedule!

Re: Sleep aids?

• My fiance takes Gravol when he can't sleep.

I have the opposite problem, I need 10 hours to feel normal. We are having an evening wedding so that I don't need to wake up early.
  • I take half an ambien. It puts me to sleep & keeps me in a pretty good sleep until morning, but I don't feel groggy like I do if I take a whole one... My FI can just pop a benadryl and he's out all night.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • edited February 2012
    I'm drinking Celestial Seasonings sleepy time/tension tamer with my new Keurig....Okay, so I know I wasn't/am not supposed to use it until after the wedding, but my MOM got it for us and wanted to try it out when she came over. Couldn't tell her no :)

ETA: On really tough nights, I'll take a hydrocodeine that I saved up from after the rhinoplasty surgery. I'm down to about 5 :( I break them in half to make them last! hehehe
  • I agree with the Melatonin.  My FI takes that when he can't sleep and I have tested it too.  I think it works best and doesn't make you groggy in the A.M.  I also like chamomille tea to help me sleep :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also take melatonin when I need to get to sleep early or have a hard time staying asleep. It's natural and I don't feel any grogginess in the mornings. However, I suggest taking it earlier in the evening -- maybe an hour before you want to go to bed. If you take it too late in the night, you may have a harder time when the alarm clock goes off. But, mine goes off at 5:30, so that could have something to do with it, too. :)

(PS. Yes, I know my signature picture is a day early, but it's the first time I've participated in this, and I won't have time to change it in the morning. Sorry!!)
    "Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
    ~Mumford and Sons
    Anniversary
  • I have never ever ever ever EVER had a problem falling asleep! Never in my life! But since I got poison ivy my doc put me on a prednisone steroid pack...and I could not sleep all night last night!!! I looked it up and it is a common side effect...so I guess I need something now too since I have to take it the next 6 days! So ridiculous! I think I might try the melatonin stuff...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_sleep-aids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:4c938a91-0fc1-4238-8b09-cd9fdb62bff7Post:1f21d99c-d2b0-4f73-99c8-a9045e0a0eff">Re: Sleep aids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never ever ever ever EVER had a problem falling asleep! Never in my life! But since I got poison ivy my doc put me on a prednisone steroid pack...and I could not sleep all night last night!!! I looked it up and it is a common side effect...so I guess I need something now too since I have to take it the next 6 days! So ridiculous! I think I might try the melatonin stuff...
    Posted by lisa&sean[/QUOTE]

<div>Aww! Yeah, any kind of steroids can have that effect on you. I've tried TONS of sleep aids because it usually takes me an hour or more to fall asleep. Ridiculous. But yes, definitely try the melatonin. It has worked the best for me all around. I agree with taking it about an hour before you lay down. Mine are chewable tablets so I take one and then start my bedtime routine. Works like a charm. :-) GL!</div>
  • I occasionally take Melatonin and that works pretty well for me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Tylonel PM is the best!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards