Texas-Houston

Thankful

So... who is at work today? 

Has anyone else noticed that TK doesn't get much action anymore? 

Now- The real question:  What are you most thankful for?  Have you been blessed in ways that you never expected?

Re: Thankful

• shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I were talking just the other day... (my Dad just got laid off this past weekend) and it made me realize that we are SO incredibly blessed and lucky that we are both employed.  Not only just employed, but we both truley love our jobs.  We are very blessed. 

We have so many friends and many family members that have been laid off in the past year and still can't find a good job.  When I think about them, it stresses me out.  I can't even imagine the stress that they are going through. 
  • edited December 2011
    I"m working today AND tomorrow! BOOOOO!

I'm thankful for my friends, family and my life. I'm glad that I'm myself and not some other people with the decisions they choose. I'm also thankful that we both have jobs. He's been looking for a better one and I have an opportunity for a promotion but if we dont get them, at least we dont have to worry about the next dinner and how we are going to pay for it afterwards.
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This board is slow bc the new format sucks.

I am def thankful that I have a job, and also thankful that I have a wonderful family that do a lot for me and DH. I am also thankful that DH's parents are coming over today to landscape our yard while I am at work...is that bad?? Also thankful for having great friends who are always there!

and yes...I am at work today too
  • edited December 2011
    im also at work today... crossing my fingers we get to go home early hehe.

Def thankful for my job and hubbys job.
  • edited December 2011
    i am thankful for my new job! i start dec. 1st.

i am also thankful for our families and friends. i had two family members in the hosptial in the past two weeks but now they are home and fine.
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, this board is really slow. I agree I think it's because of the new format.

I am thankful to have family. been through alot this year and family has always been there for DH and I.

I am also thankful for DVR & pedicures. (something different) :-)
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    haha STB I am very thankful for DVR too! Although, I think it makes me watch more TV than usual.

I am at work today, but its fairly quiet.

I am thankful for wonderful friends and family. FI and I have been so blessed, and both of our families have been so gracious!

I am thankful for Polka Dot wine and my margarita machine at the end of the day! :)
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Okay... what is Polka Dot wine? Sounds like fun!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    They sell it at Target. Polka Dot is the brand name of the wine. It is SOOO good! You gotta try it. I think some other girls on here like it too.

Also, Id like to say Im thankful for having normal happy children in my life- nieces, cousins, etc. My job makes me jaded sometimes and its a blessing to see the smiles on their faces!
  • edited December 2011
    I am at work today too...and I admit, I haven't been visiting the board as much lately because of this new format, but maybe it will grow on me.

I'm just thankful for the holidays...It's the only time where family is willing and ready to all get together, no matter how busy their lives are Laughing
  • txbootsytxbootsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thankful for me and DHs job
    I am thankful for all the babies that will be born in the spring (my sister,, bestfriend, friend, and cousin are all pregnant!)

I am thankful for my inlaws! They are wonderful!

I am thankful for my Poppy! We just love him and he adds joy to our home!

I am thankful for a healthy family!
    18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mazzy0774mazzy0774 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm at work today (Wednesday) until 2:00 so 5 more minutes!  All I've done is play on theknot.com today. heheh

I'm most thankful to have my fiance and my family.  I have a wonderful 13 year old and my fiance has an 8 year daughter.  We are very close to our kids and each other and even though we aren't rich and sometimes we struggle we make it and we all know what's most important in life and it sure isn't money, it's love and compassion and honesty and time together as a family.  That sounds so cheesy, but it's true!

I've been blessed by being able to work with my fiance for a year now and it was unexpected.  i was working an hour away and the traffic and drive and tolls and gas money just got to us so I suggested I work with him at this small company and replace the woman that was leaving and it wall worked out.   We thought it might be weird, but I've been here a year now and it has actually made us closer!  We love it!  I don't like our old grumpy boss, but that has nothing to do with my fiance. haha!  I can't find a new job right now (tried for 6 months) so I'll try again next year and I plan to start college.

I am very thankful and looking forward to a great Thanksgiving tomorrow.  Happy THANKSgiving everyone!  I'm glad to be a part of this board. Houston brides, rule!!!!!!!!

peace & chicken grease,
    Sherry

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards