Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

good morning!

happy friday!

FI woke me up at about 5 am because he was just too excited for tomorrow to sleep!  
Anniversary image
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
my to-read shelf:
Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)

Re: good morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day!  I hope it's fabulous for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha! I love this!! DH did the exact same to me the day before our wedding!! Cheers to a perfect wedding day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aw thats cute!

Happy Friday!

Tomorrow is the first day in about a month that I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock! I'll probably be up by 8am anyway because I can never sleep any more, but nooo alarm!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have a great day tomorrow Benmel!  

I'm off to have a bikini wax with www.stripwaxbar.com/Wax-It/12-our-wax.aspx" target="_blank">chocolate wax for my trip to Spain next week.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good morning!

NCV - I definitely want to hear how this goes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  I'm slammed at work, so I probably wont be on here much today.

For an update on FI... he told me last night that he was 50/50 about taking the new job in Bethlehem, and wanted my opinion.  I told him I supported him either way, but that taking that job probably isnt worth the pay raise.  He agreed that he doesn't want to spend out first year of marriage driving all over and seeing me very little.  So, he's declining the offer today.  I think he just needed my "approval" for him not to take it so he wouldn't feel like he was letting me down or something.

Other than that, I'm one week away from the wedding!  And still have yet to write/finalize my vows!  I think that's what I'll be doing poolside tomorrow  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH - FI and I are going through something similar now and I was thinking of you last night when we were having a "how is this job going to affect us" conversation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The problem is that the job is the same as what he is doing now, and he doesn't like what he's doing now.  Of course the extra money would be nice, but we would see each other less, and at least in his current job he knows what he's dealing with.  Our wedding is next week, so that will free up a lot of extra money for us that we've been spending/saving for the last year.

Sometimes the negatives or unknowns outweight the positives and we're not in a desperate situation where he needs to take this job.

I hope you guys came to some kind of resolution.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on wanting to hear about this chocolate wax!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you're being smart about things, and since he's currently in a job, its not like he has to take it.  FI was offered a full-time job with a a great company but a crappy commute.  He was also called yesterday about a contract job with great pay and a great commute.  He is afraid to let the fulltime job go and put all his hopes on the contract job that may never materialize.  If he took the FT job, he'd be leaving before I get up and going to bed about 2 hours after I get home, so we would feel like we never see each other.  But he's currently unemployed, so he needs something.  He will probably take the FT job (there is a delay before he would actually start) and still go for the contract job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If the contract/employment agreement clearly states how long he is expected to be working, he could take that knowing the timeline.  Then he could continue looking for something FT while he's working as a contractor.

After we taked last night, I said to FI, "did we just make our first married decision together?" lol  So corney.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards